Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: creating a table on the forum  (Read 10837 times)

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
creating a table on the forum
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:07:01 AM »

Just using the area to get my head around creating a table in a post.

Clcik on the 'insert table' button which creates a table tag.  Clicking on 'insert row' puts row tags in betwen the table tags. The 'insert coloum' button puts the tag between the row tag.  Insert text between the column tags to get what basically a single box!!!

hello

remember to spell check :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:09:34 AM by Chris Johnson »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: creating a table on the forum
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 05:13:38 AM »

OK same single row table with two columns. Where do I tag the next row? Simples, insert new row tag at end of last complete row and copy format from previous. Now change text length to see if columns strech to fit in table. Success  8)

hellohello
byegoogle

A nice self-tutorial.  Well done!

Note that the tags will be parsed and acted on even if they occur on separate lines. This can make your table MUCH more readable for yourself and for those who may wish to modify it in subsequent posts.

Your layout:

Code: [Select]
[table][tr][td]hello[/td][td]hello[/td][/tr][tr][td]bye[/td][td]google[/td][/tr][/table]

A better layout:

Code: [Select]
[table]
  [tr]
     [td]Col 1[/td][td]Col 2[/td]
  [/tr]
  [tr]
    [td]hello[/td][td]hello[/td]
  [/tr]
  [tr]
    [td]bye[/td][td]google[/td]
  [/tr]
[/table]

Col 1Col 2
hellohello
byegoogle
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: creating a table on the forum
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 10:36:22 AM »

resurecting this post from a long time ago but is there a way (attribute) for putting a boarder around a table in the forum?

There is now.  I don't like the default border, but I'm not going to play with css today to produce collapsed borders.  If anyone wants to figger it out, let me know.  :)

[table border=1]
[tr] [td]Column 1[/td][td]Column 2[/td][/tr]
[tr] [td]R2 C1[/td][td]R2 C2[/td][/tr]
[tr] [td]R3 C1[/td][td]R3 C2[/td][/tr]
[/table]
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org