Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long am I gonna be stuck tagged as a Newbie?  (Read 20684 times)

Alfred Hendrickson

• TIGHAR member
How long am I gonna be stuck tagged as a Newbie?
« on: August 08, 2009, 10:35:46 PM »

I'm not the oldest TIGHAR member, I know that. I am new to this particular Forum, I know that, too.

But, yeesh!, have a little respect! Quit labeling me a Newbie!

;D

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: How long am I gonna be stuck tagged as a Newbie?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:06:35 AM »

I'm not the oldest TIGHAR member, I know that. I am new to this particular Forum, I know that, too.

But, yeesh!, have a little respect! Quit labeling me a Newbie!

;D
Just keep making posts and you will eventually qualify as a Junior Member.

I've looked through all of the admin screens and can't find a way to modify the system.  I'm capable of doing so by revising the PHP for page layout (BTDT, more than once), but that introduces new complications--I then have to protect that change from every subsequent upgrade.  It's not impossible, but it's not a lot of fun, either.

Here is the Simple Machines Forum home page.  If you can find out how to turn off that function using administrator options, let me know.  I can't find it.

Marty
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 07:29:23 AM by moleski »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 06:08:10 AM »

If you look at my rating, I'm a newbie too--and I'm the person who installed the software and made the first posts.   ???

We'll both have to keep posting until we earn a higher rating.   :-*

Marty
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:20:40 AM »

If you look at my rating, I'm a newbie too--and I'm the person who installed the software and made the first posts.   ???
[evil laugh]
Ah haaaaaaaah hah hah ha ha!
[/evil laugh]

I found a way to hide my own newbie status from view.

[evil laugh]
Ah haaaaaaaah hah hah ha ha!
[/evil laugh]

Normal users will still have to work their way out of newbie purgatory
by making lots of posts.

Marty
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Timothy Smith

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 05:09:54 PM »

OK:  Hey Marty, what are you looking at? (in your avatar, that is) ???

Tim Smith
Tim Smith
1142CE

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 05:21:58 PM »

OK:  Hey Marty, what are you looking at? (in your avatar, that is) ???

RC aircraft flying precision aerobatics at the Nationals in 2007:

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Marty
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Mark Petersen

• T3
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »

Marty, thanks for putting this forum together.  This and the Wiki pages are a tremendous resource of AE info.  This really helps to get newbies like me up to speed.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 06:25:56 PM »

If you look at my rating, I'm a newbie too--and I'm the person who installed the software and made the first posts.   ???
Marty, thanks for putting this forum together.  This and the Wiki pages are a tremendous resource of AE info.  This really helps to get newbies like me up to speed.
It's my pleasure.  TIGHAR pays for the website, of course, and allows all of us to play on it--thanks to generous donations from "benefactors like you" (as they say on NPR).
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:53:02 AM by moleski »

Mike Piner

• T1
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 07:59:07 PM »

Alfred:    Be sure that you read everything.  Everything has been discussed ad nausium, so be factual and accurate .  be aware that you might get your hand slapped.  Ask intelligent questions.  Look at all the items (pictures) on the Earhart collection at Purdue University.  Plot the route Lae-Howland- Gardner Island on Google Earth.  Know the Radio messages Jul 1 & july 2 by heart, Be sure to watch the Lae takeoff  several times.  Above all enjoy the excellent work and discoveries that has been accomplished ty this fine organization.  You will be an expert in your area on what happened to AE and FN, and you will be just fine.
Mike Piner
LTM
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org