Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Different island .. I got pictures.  (Read 19787 times)

Matt Revington

• TIGHAR member
  • member #4155
Re: Different island .. I got pictures.
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2023, 07:01:26 AM »

The horizontal portion of the tail extended well beyond the vertical piece on AE's Electra, although your image is murky I don't see that piece

Christian Stock

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2023, 07:08:40 AM »

Still not encouraging. Looks more like a Beech 18 tail. It's missing the extended horizontal stabilizer. There were Beech 18s and C-45's all over this area during and after the war.

You sent them back and this is what they got? They couldn't back up a few feet?

I still think this is a scam.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 07:17:30 AM by Christian Stock »

Christian Stock

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2023, 10:59:08 AM »

Here's a good example of the engine cylinder cover I have been pointing out in this thread. They completely cover the radial engine, unlike the L10E.

Don Yee

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2023, 02:26:45 PM »

A couple more images to consider. Here is a Beach 10 that was already suggested as a likely culprit. Note the lack of horizontal member passing through the vertical section (which is consistent with the PNG underwater image). The second show's Earhart's Electra with a sizable protrusion beyond the vertical section.

(1st image is via Wikicommons, the 2nd is via The Autry National Center Museum, Automobile Club of Southern California Archives)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 02:40:32 PM by Don Yee »

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2023, 04:19:49 PM »

Anybody an image forensic expert?  When I analyze the fingerprint using JPEGsnoop it I think it looks like they actually took this picture and it is not something edited off the internet.  I was very skeptical too.
"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Matt Revington

• TIGHAR member
  • member #4155
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2023, 05:04:22 PM »

If you compare your pic to the one in Don Yee’s post the position of  Lockheed  and the symbol are much closer to the center line than they should be, like someone photoshopped them in

Christian Stock

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2023, 05:20:29 PM »

Anybody an image forensic expert?  When I analyze the fingerprint using JPEGsnoop it I think it looks like they actually took this picture and it is not something edited off the internet.  I was very skeptical too.

I'm not, but I have some expertise in B.S., and this is some.

Do you really think they would still be dealing with you if they had actually found the airplane? It would be the biggest story of the decade. They would be national heroes.

This image is 5K because it is cropped. They take a picture of a picture that they have edited. All of the pics are "too close" because they have to be cropped.

You can see the shine of the aluminum, unlike all of the other pics, which have the airplane coated in crud. The angle of the logo and text would indicate that the airplane is sitting on its gear (which it was, when this pic was actually taken in 1937). Also, this image is a negative.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 05:22:57 PM by Christian Stock »

Christian Stock

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2023, 05:38:09 PM »

If you compare your pic to the one in Don Yee’s post the position of  Lockheed  and the symbol are much closer to the center line than they should be, like someone photoshopped them in

No, they used the exact same image as Don Yee's second one, but uncropped. Exact match. The N is photoshopped over the R.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 05:47:52 PM by Christian Stock »

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2023, 07:02:12 PM »

No, they used the exact same image as Don Yee's second one, but uncropped. Exact match. The N is photoshopped over the R.

LOL, it may not be legit but you think these guys photoshopped the N over the R in that picture...  Why tf would they do that?  I know a little about photo forensics I do not see any indication that they have photoshopped the N where the R was in that photo and the JPEG compression signatures I think suggest it hasn't been edited.  Could be a picture of a picture but I still doubt they would photoshop the N over the R.
"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Christian Stock

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2023, 07:24:34 PM »

LOL, it may not be legit but you think these guys photoshopped the N over the R in that picture...  Why tf would they do that?  I know a little about photo forensics I do not see any indication that they have photoshopped the N where the R was in that photo and the JPEG compression signatures I think suggest it hasn't been edited.  Could be a picture of a picture but I still doubt they would photoshop the N over the R.

Reflections are all the same....except one is a negative.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 07:27:15 PM by Christian Stock »

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2023, 07:27:05 PM »

It shouldn't be a negative I'll give you that one.  This guy is probably trying to scam me, I have talked to him on the phone and he is not the person who initially told me of the plane.  I have talked to many other people on the island who acknowledge there is a plane there.
"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Don Yee

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2023, 07:32:52 PM »

I'm no photo expert but...

Christian Stock

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2023, 07:33:46 PM »

I'm no photo expert but...

Nailed it.

Simon Ellwood

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2023, 11:56:33 PM »

Also - there's no way markings would be that clear after 80+ years underwater. The fin would be covered in crud, just like the other picture, and the paint faded.

Christian Stock

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2023, 05:25:08 AM »

Well, it's not a Lockheed Electra 10e, and probably not even a real airplane, so either they are hustling you, or you are trying to hustle the world ("Woe is me, the gov't of PNG won't let me go get what is clearly Amelia Earhart's airplane, but I found it").

I think this thread has more than run its course.

Theory disproved.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org