Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Different island .. I got pictures.  (Read 19357 times)

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
Different island .. I got pictures.
« on: February 03, 2023, 05:50:01 AM »

"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Different island .. I got pictures.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 07:28:05 AM »

Where is this airplane?  Why no photos of the rest of the airplane?

Christian Stock

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 01:46:36 PM »

The "engine case" that you point out at 1:00 is totally different from the electra. Yours almost completely covers the cylinders inside the engine cowling.

In my opinion, your friends have possibly found a Nakajima Ki-34.

Sorry, different airplane.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 02:46:07 PM by Christian Stock »

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 01:07:51 AM »

The plane is where she landed Ric.  I talked to you on the phone about it almost 2 years ago.  I got the coordinates tattooed on my arm.  Email me and I can fill you in.  Do you have someone you trust in Papua New Guinea who could go check it out and make sure it's not her plane for sure?  It's about 100ft deep.
"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 08:03:33 AM »

Do you have someone you trust in Papua New Guinea who could go check it out and make sure it's not her plane for sure?

Somebody finds Earhart's plane in PNG almost as often as somebody finds it on Google Earth.  If I knew someone in PNG I could trust ( I don't), I wouldn't insult them by asking them to check this out.  To believe that Earhart's plane ended up in, or anywhere near, PNG it is necessary to be ignorant of, or refuse to accept, the established facts of the case.

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 08:32:03 AM »

Oh ok.  In my opinion the established facts are the plane is not where you or anyone else have been looking nor anywhere the US Navy or anyone  when they searched in 1937.

PS. The verification captsha on a forum i paid to have access to is super annoying.  I can't read it and the audio version is hard to make out.
"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 08:39:51 AM »

In my opinion the established facts are the plane is not where you or anyone else have been looking nor anywhere the US Navy or anyone  when they searched in 1937.

You're correct.  It is true that no one has ever found a verifiable piece of the plane.  In my view, that's because the plane no longer exists.
Your opinion may differ, but the abundant hard evidence that puts the plane and Earhart on Nikumaroro is not a matter of opinion.

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 10:42:40 AM »

A lot of the circumstantial evidence supporting Nikumaroro can also be applied to other islands in the general vicinity.  Considering nobody has found the plane yet at Nikumaroro I'd even say a lot of the evidence would indicate an island other than Nikumaroro is more likely.
"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2023, 12:00:12 PM »

A lot of the circumstantial evidence supporting Nikumaroro can also be applied to other islands in the general vicinity.

What circumstantial evidence are you referring to?

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2023, 05:20:25 PM »

Tide times lining up with Betty notebook and other post loss signal reports and the reports themselves.

The tide is generally going to be close to the same time at most  any island in the South Pacific.  This legitimizes the Betty notebook and not necessarily Nikumaroro.

The coordinates at this location has a latitude that matches Betty notebook coordinates and also suspiciously similar to line of position if it was misinterpreted and actually coordinates she said  like allll the other transmissions she made stating her position... 

The lack of correct longitude easily explained by an inaccurate chronometer and I have numerous sources stating they were having trouble getting the time hack.  Some sources say she was completely unable to get it.  If you carefully read the chatter report you see where he tells of an inaccurate time signal being received too far from the correct time for them to believe it was accurate so they didn't use it.

No or inaccurate chronometer also explains why they were unable to find howland island.

Lots more I'll elaborate on as it comes up.
"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2023, 05:24:52 PM »

What evidence might indicate Nikumaroro over anywhere else.  You looked it's not there... That is probably evidence that it is somewhere else. 
"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2023, 05:46:58 PM »

As far as numerous reports rumoring the plane being in PNG; I would suggest it is potentially more likely the rumors were born from some slight truth rather than out of thin air.  Ever play the game "telephone" as a kid?
"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Travis Nutsch

• TIGHAR member
  • wanna fight about it?
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2023, 06:00:15 PM »

I mean seriously Ric your amazing Betty notebook artifact contains coordinates "Z or E" I think more than once indicating they thought they were on the other side of the dateline from Nikumaroro.  Inaccurate longitude is one thing but do you think they were confused about what side of the date line they were on?  I'd suggest you might have knowledge of the Betty notebook being a forged artifact but I am sure it would say "W" rather than "Z or E" to support your Nikumaroro theory if that were the case.
"American Knowmad"
KF7FEV
Part107
Private Pilot

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2023, 07:18:03 AM »

What evidence might indicate Nikumaroro over anywhere else.

• Earth's statement that she was running north and south on the line 157 337.  The only islands that line passes close to are McKean and Gardner.
• The Pan Am and Coast Guard DF bearings cross near Gardner.
• There is photographic evidence of Electra landing gear wreckage on the reef at Gardner.
• The remains of a castaway were found on Gardner.  There were no castaway remains found on any other island in the region.
• Peer-reviewed analysis of the remains found on Gardner show a better than 99% chance the castaway was Earhart.

You looked it's not there... That is probably evidence that it is somewhere else.

With regard to the airplane, there's an old saying, "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"?

I'd suggest you might have knowledge of the Betty notebook being a forged artifact

I think we're done here. 

« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 07:20:44 AM by Ric Gillespie »

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2023, 08:36:21 AM »

SMH- And Travis wants to base this on 3 grainy images which don't really show anything substantial?

Well, feel free to believe what YOU wish to believe, and those on this forum that have chosen to  apply scientific principles to the known facts, artifacts and test different hypothesis with such, will believe what THEY choose to believe. Someday, hopefully, there will be a full answer, but time will tell.

In the meantime- feel more than free to organize, fund, and carry out your own expedition to prove your theory. Believe me, if Earhart's' Electra is discovered somewhere other than Niku, Ric would be the first to step up and acknowledge that discovery.
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org