Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 289601 times)

Gloria Walker Burger

• TIGHAR member
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2013, 08:57:07 PM »

Welcome Brad and Jack!
Gloria
TIGHAR #3760

Bob Miller

• T1
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »

I too am a lurker here. I proudly have a certificate showing that I contributed to Niku VII. I will also be contributing to Niku VIII. It isn't much compared to the cost of the expeditions. But at least I help as I can. ;) I have been lurking here for years and have enjoyed every moment. Thanks to Ric and all for their work and for letting people like me share in your adventures.
I actually came here while following aircraft recovery stories. But, when I read of the work done here on Amelia Earhart, I was totally hooked. The wife and I say thanks.

steven c seitel

• T1
« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »

Okay, I guess it's about time to put my money where my interest lies, and join up...Done!

I don't know what there is to tell you all about me, except that I'm a retired laser physicist, congenital skeptic, filthy-fingernailed homesteader, and wannabe great-grandfather.

Oh, yeah...and I like a good mystery, which is what sucked me into this..

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Seitel
TIGHAR 4384R

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2014, 06:18:59 AM »

Welcome to the group Steven!
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2014, 07:23:35 AM »

Oh, yeah...and I like a good mystery, which is what sucked me into this..

Same here.  Welcome!   ;D
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

steve crowningshield

• T1
« Reply #230 on: April 18, 2014, 11:52:12 AM »

Hello, I am guessing I am doing this right, I have a hard time with all things threaded. I nothing about aviation other than I don't like to fly on jets, but I love a mystery in real life. I just recently found this site and have been reading pages of stuff about AE and her failed trip. I will do my best not to sound to ignorant although until reading about the most recent joiner of the site I had never heard of a laser physicist, I am just a machine mechanic. If I have posted this incorrectly I apologize in advance.

Steve Lyle Gunderson

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2014, 09:29:06 PM »

Welcome Steve's, There is always room for more of us.
Steve G
#3911R

Martin_Peters

• T1
« Reply #232 on: May 13, 2014, 02:41:48 PM »

Hey there everyone !

My name is Martin Peters, i have just joined this Forum but followed TIGHARs work loosely for a couple of years already.
I am a medical doctor, live in good ole Germany and in all technical aspects a layman but anyway an airplane aficionado .

I ll still sifting through the forums concerning and trying to grasp whats there. Hope i can sometimes give some helpful input (or ask some dumb questions). Maybe  i can now and then add a medical perspective, well, anyway I hope i can add to your effort !

Martin

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #233 on: May 13, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »

Welcome aboard, Martin - glad you joined!
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Mark Gillespie

• T1
« Reply #234 on: June 07, 2014, 05:56:18 AM »

Hi all

Like many others I am a 'long time lurker'. Not a pilot, not an engineer, not anything technical. Used to be a mountaineer, now an international school teacher. Familiar (as much as I can) with the ins and outs of the issue, what really got my goat just the other day and got me off my backside to join was an incredibly ignorant (I'm being polite) article by a so called skeptic debunking the TIGHAR theory.

Hats off to ya.

Krystal McGinty-Carter

• TIGHAR member
  • Kilo Mike
« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2014, 10:41:55 PM »

Hello!

I am a very, VERY long time lurker on this forum. I have followed TIGHARs work since I was 9 years old but I am a yellow bellied coward when it comes to finally jumping in to post.  Taking the leap now so go easy on me. 

I have followed the Niku expeditions very closely over the years and Im only hopping on now to express how excited I am for the next expedition and saddened that TIGHAR is having difficulty raising the last of the funds to get there. I have donated what I can and shared the link to the funding website with every pilot and aviation enthusiast I know.... Im a flight dispatcher who has worked for 3 different airlines so I hope that my colleagues will help to spread the word. 

Apologize for haunting the boards so long without chiming in. While I have plenty of skills when it comes to commercial aviation, I dont know what, if anything, I can contribute to TIGHAR other that I type fast and can spend extended periods of time at the computer without my leg falling asleep.  I worshipped Earhart when I was a little girl....drove my parents absolutely crazy with trips to the library.  She inspired a love of aviation that has stayed with me all of my life.  Maybe I can be a cheerleader or something?

September 9th will be my 32nd birthday.  Cant think of a more wonderful present than opening a newspaper and reading that her mystery has finally been solved. 

Ok, you may now commence with the hazing. I object to anything that involves crabs or feathers though. Cheers!

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2014, 11:05:20 PM »

23 years of watching... wow!  Welcome aboard, Krystal, glad to have you speaking up!
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Krystal McGinty-Carter

• TIGHAR member
  • Kilo Mike
« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2014, 11:12:39 PM »

Thanks, Jeff!  Glad to finally be here. 

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »

No crabs. No feathers.  No hazing.  Welcome aboard Krystal and thank you for your donation!

Jim Kirkendall

• T1
« Reply #239 on: September 17, 2014, 08:41:11 AM »

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself.  I just joined TIGHAR at the researcher level, but I've been following TIGHAR's efforts since the first expedition.   Speaking solely for myself, the preponderance of the evidence that has been amassed  has  convinced me that Niku is where AE and FN landed. 

As for myself, there isn't a lot that I bring to the table, at least relative to most of the members.  There are a lot of impressive resumes out there.   I am in the process of restoring two PA 22 150 Tri-Pacers and have been a licensed pilot since January of 1979. I have just under 27 years of experience in insurance investigations.  I'm looking for ways to help bring the investigation to a conclusion.

Looking forward to working with all of you!

Kindest regards,

Jim Kirkendall
Fort Worth, TX
N5876D
N6009D
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org