Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 289743 times)

Jennifer Hubbard

• TIGHAR member
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2013, 03:32:59 PM »

I've lurked here for a while and joined TIGHAR about a week or two ago.

My training is in science (environmental toxicology to be specific), and that's the field in which I have my day job. I also do freelance fiction writing on the side.

Having no expertise in aircraft, I never expected to have a reason to post here, but the scientist side of me was able to contribute a few minor comments over on the thread about the mercury-jar analysis. So I thought I might as well formally introduce myself.

I'm here because the Niku hypothesis seems to make a lot of sense, from what I understand. I don't know if there will ever be a "smoking gun" find that settles the question definitively--although that would be nice. Maybe it will continue to be a series of smaller pieces of evidence that add up to, "this is what probably happened." Either way, the inquiry and debate here are very interesting!

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2013, 09:56:57 PM »

Welcome Jennifer,  I too am mostly a reader of the forums.  From what I've gathered, what comes of the sonar anomaly will hopefully be the "smoking gun" Tighar is looking for.  Close analysis of the supposed landing gear debris field might also have a chance of answering the question.

Sheryl McCallister

• T1
« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2013, 10:04:16 AM »

I've been lurking way, way too long, and I'm sure that I'll continue to lurk, because I have no particular relevant expertise, except a love of archeology, and of mysteries in the process of being solved, and a fascination with how it's being done. After all, Phillipa Langley found Richard in that parking lot, didn't she? And based on a whole lot less evidence that TIGHAR's amassed re:Niku. So, I'll continue lurk in fascination, even though I can't afford to officially join.

However, I also have a monumental....distaste....for petty lawsuits filed just because someone can afford to pay exorbitant legal bills. So I've sent everything I have available in the Paypal account, and you may use it as you find most helpful--even if it's just to restock the coffee pot.

Back to lurking now. :)

Laura Gridley

• T1
« Reply #213 on: September 25, 2013, 01:36:26 AM »

Welcome Jennifer and Sheryl!  Good to see two more women here. ;)

Chris Anderson

• T1
« Reply #214 on: September 26, 2013, 08:56:20 AM »

Hi there!

I'm Chris.  I've been reading this forum pretty intently since the news of the Bevington photo first surfaced last year.  My father was a pilot and took me up often in an old 1930's TCraft taildragger.  I've taken some lessons though never gotten my license, but have always been fascinated by the Earhart mystery and am fascinated by all the Pacific atolls out there.  I owned an old stout sailboat in the Great Lakes that I had planned to sail the Pacific and explore islands until I got married and had kids :)  Now I am on a new adventure.

I live in Boise, Idaho now, some ways South of the recent expeditions.  I'll drop my opinions and questions here and there.  I run a software operation and have access to plenty of powerful computers.  I've done a lot of image processing and automated image analysis work in my days.  I'm interested to apply some of that to the imagery obtained in the work here on the forum. 

Looking forward to talking with you all!

Chris

Gloria Walker Burger

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #215 on: September 26, 2013, 05:12:29 PM »

Welcome Greg, Jennifer, Sheryl and Chris!

I look forward to your posts!
Gloria
TIGHAR #3760

Laura Gridley

• T1
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2013, 03:17:58 AM »

Hi Chris!  Welcome to the forum officially. :)

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »

Hi Chris

Any chance you can give me some pointers on the following software, I followed the instructions on box "think they were just how to open box though" haha

Global System Science, http://dew.globalsystemsscience.org/software
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Brad Mackey

• T1
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2013, 10:53:33 PM »

Hello!

I've been reading and studying up on this site for over two years (I think that's called lurking).  I am a 42 year old Professional Land Surveyor with a big interest in history and archeology.  This process has been so fascinating to me and I give tremendous kudos to all of TIGHAR for what they've accomplished.   I happen to believe Richie's anomaly is the plane and I would love to see that it's found by next summer.

Brad

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »

Welcome Brad am sure there are plenty of forum threads for you to get involved in and help further the hypothesis  :), Tighar's anomaly is just that "an anomaly" you only have to see the outcome of the wing shaped sonar target which turned out to be Norwich City debris to know that Things don't come easy to Tighar, We seem to have to fight for any bit off evidence we can gather that can possibly be connected to Amelia.

The Tighar sonar anomaly is just too good to be Amelia's plane, That's why on last expedition Tighar went around anomaly instead of over it

Thanks Richie
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Brad Mackey

• T1
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2013, 01:23:44 PM »

Well, we'll see.   It's in the correct spot geographically speaking.  Hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

Laura Gridley

• T1
« Reply #221 on: October 08, 2013, 11:15:39 PM »

Hi Brad, welcome! :)

Jack Seider, OP

• T1
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2013, 09:40:04 PM »

I decided to join today as a sponsor to help fund what ever project needed it. I started flying in 1937 in a Curtis jenny about the time AE was lost and have been following the search for many years now. I would like to see us find AE and Fred before my time is up, so on with the hunt.

Jack
VERITAS
Jack
TIGHAR 4330

Laura Gridley

• T1
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2013, 11:26:00 PM »

Wow that's great Jack!  Welcome!  Glad to have you here.

Jeffrey Donald Shaffer

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2013, 04:34:05 AM »

Welcome Jack!! All hats off to you!!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org