Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 289532 times)

john a delsing

• T2
  • Minnesota Johnny D.
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2012, 09:27:41 PM »

My name is John Delsing, however everyone calls me Johnny D. My BIO is short: I live in Anoka Mn., ex paratrooper ( 101st abn ), 30 years at Honeywell Aerospace, and a retired site supervisor with Habitat for Humanity. I have been a proud silent member for a couple years. With so much talent in this group I have not felt the need to speak out. I do now as I have developed ny own AE hypothesis. I realize many will disagree but if I may;
The Delsing Hypothesis
   If AE and FN did land at Gardner, they were dead by the time of Lambretch's flight. Neither AE or FN ever visited, let alone 'settled' the 7 site. The 7 site was settled by; A) the Norwich crew,  B) the coast guard, C) the settlers, D) some other group, or E) some or all of the above. The 7 site has been a terrible distraction to finding AE, in terms of time, resources, money, and the uncountable false leads that it has generated. Any 'clues' to be found will be very close to her landing spot.   thank you,  johnny d.
The Earth is Full

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2012, 10:26:58 PM »

My name is John Delsing, however everyone calls me Johnny D.

Welcome, Johnny!

I won't talk about your hypothesis here.  This is a place for introductions, not long, convoluted threads about competing theories.  Browse around the forum.  If you don't see an obvious thread to talk about the Seven Site, you may start a new one.  (Hint: try using one of the handy search features to bone up on Seven Site issues--pun intended, you may laugh now.)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

John M Kirk

• T1
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2012, 06:51:13 AM »

Hello

New guy here.  Retired navy Senior Chief - TMCS(SS).  Great site..

Thank you

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2012, 03:41:17 PM »

Welcome Sr. Chief Kirk-
Thank you for your service---we have an interesting cast of characters here and a very interesting project. Join In!
Tom--Son of a USMC Marine CWO-4 "Gunner", EOD
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Mary Ellen Sutherland

• T1
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »

Hi Folks - Time to step out of the shadows and introduce myself.  My name is Mary Ellen Sutherland - I am a long time lurker who was finally compelled into joining TIGHAR after that Grand Slam Press Conference in March.  No technical or aviation background, just an appreciation of the mystery and TIGHAR's efforts to resolve it.  I am looking forward to attending Earhart 75 and seeing some of you there - Best, Mary Ellen

JC Sain

• T1
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2012, 03:22:23 PM »

Been lurking for sometime. Had many a thread I wanted to comment on and decided to jump on board.

JC

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2012, 03:27:46 PM »

Mary and JC!

Go for it, dip your toes in and say what you think, it's not that bad  :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 05:22:37 PM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »

welcome Mary Ellen and JC---jump right in!
Mary Ellen ---looking forward to meeting you in DC---I feel that Ric is going to have alot of information. Many of the names you see here will be there. Going to be educational!

Tom Bryant

• T1
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2012, 01:20:55 PM »

Another new face here. Looking forward to exchanging ideas and doing some spirited arm waving.
For the first while I expect I will have way more questions than answers but will contribute as I can.

Tom Bryant
"Isn't it amazing to see the flexibility of the academic mind once presented with an irrefutable proof."
(Taken from my keynote address to the first Alberta Diamond Symposium - AFTER we had to beat the academics with actual diamonds found)
"Well... it seemed like a good idea at the time"

Daniel Paul Cotts

• T2
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »

Tom, Science advances one funeral at a time.

Jeffrey Pearce

• T3
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2012, 04:47:52 PM »

Although I am not a paid member of Tighar, yet, I did attend the D.C. Conference and I dropped a bundle with my purchases of Tighar products, including the large poster at the auction showing a photo of Amelia Earhart along with drawings of her plane and its dimensions. This poster was to the right immediately after entering the break room. I have been in a retired status for awhile which has been deleterious to me, I'm afraid. I have work experience that includes working in a National Weather Service Forecast Office, a cartographer for the federal government, geological work with an oil company, an accountant primarily with the federal government. Other positions but I've mentioned the significant ones. As far as what motivates me, it's the desire to be productive. I left one of my jobs, in part, because I felt I was not contributing. I've been into Amelia Earhart for several years. I'd like to find her as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:00:12 PM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Tom Swearengen

• T5
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2012, 05:28:01 PM »

Glad to have you among us Jeffrey! Gosh  we have alot of Jeff's here. Glad you made it to the symposium, and for your contributions at the auction.
Feel free to jump right in!!
Tom

Jeffrey Pearce

• T3
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2012, 06:39:58 PM »

Thank you very much, Tom! Yes, another Jeff.

Dave Potratz

• T2
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2012, 12:04:16 PM »

Geetings all, my name is Dave Potratz.

I am delighted to become a new member at this poignant time. I must admit I've been fervently following the astonishing Earhart saga via TIGHAR for more than a year-and-a-half now. This was my first feasible opportunity to “pony up” (props to Monty Fowler for the timely nudge. Who’s next?), at least in a modest way.

Marty & Ric encourage members to thoughtfully express themselves, so I'm gonna, with appreciation.

By profession I am an Announcer/Network Operator for Wisconsin Public Radio. I also work sometimes as a Videographer and a Sound Guy.

Though I've not the credentials of the many notable members of this august society, my personal, if tangentially relevant, experiences include 3-weeks ground support with the Astronomy Payload Science Team for Space Shuttle Endeavour STS-67.  Also, I had the distinct privilege of producing a video documentary of a University of Wisconsin/NASA suborbital rocket launch with a telescope payload.

Alas, I am not a pilot. However, I am an avid PC Flight Simulator enthusiast. As such, I have “flown” a “virtual” Lockheed Electra, but not the 10E Special variant. Not a bad ship…virtually speaking.  Hey, when you can’t fly the real thing, you do what you can.  :)

Oh, I am also currently constructing a 1/53 scale model of the Lost Electra...paying special attention to the landing gear. 

My enthusiasm for the TIGHAR Niku Hypothesis lies at the nexus of my lifelong interest in Aviation/Spaceflight, History, and a dash of Archaeology, all of which for me embody the best of the human spirit: the pursuit and revelation of the (previously) unknown. I can think of no better example than the TIGHAR Earhart Project. If there is an organization that is now closer to the apex of this noble search, then I am unaware.

I'll add another of my personal interests to the above: the attempt to understand what I accept as the universal maxim of the human need to explore, the will to push back boundaries, discover the “undiscovered country,” sometimes with untoward and tragic end. Again, the endeavor to “find Amelia” satisfies the reverence for, and the hypothetical testing of, that maxim. In the process, as we honor the life (and death) of an unequivocal aviation icon, we satisfy a basic human instinct: to know.

And if I may press this personal muse just a bit further, (and with homage to Robert Browning) I believe that the epic story of the Last Flight of Emilia Earhart is illustrative of Classic Tragedy, i.e., like Icarus, our tragic heroin was ultimately guilty of perhaps the ultimate human frailty: Her reach exceeded her grasp.

The exception is that, unlike Icarus, I do not believe Amelia Earhart & Fred Noonan fell into the sea and drowned.

I humbly supporting the search.

Thanks for the “air-time”.

LTM,
Dave

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2012, 01:40:25 PM »

David

Welcome to the Forum, great to see you get "active" after a long incubation period.  :-)

Enjoy the fray, think your posts through, do some homework, and don't take replies personally and you'll enjoy the Forum.

Andrew
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org