Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 289704 times)

C.W. Herndon

• T5
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2012, 10:08:17 AM »

Welcome to the Forum. Good to have you!
Woody (former 3316R)
"the watcher"

Ronald Musco

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 05:23:34 AM »

Ron Musco of Windsor, Connecticut. I'm located a couple of miles from the Bradley Air Museum in Windsor Locks and have had an application there to be a guide or work in their massive library. My interests being a railroad historian  and WW2 aviation. I belong to the American Aviation Historical Society since the mid 60s and have every issue of After the Battle and many of their hard bound books. I've been looking for a tour that hits military aircraft museums in England, France, and Germany but have had no luck. I'm looking forward to details of the June syposium in Arlington.

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 06:41:21 AM »

Hey Ron -  Welcome aboard!  Small world -  I grew up in South Windsor and my day worked for Hamilton Standard. Been to the the old Bradley Air Museum (aka now the England Air Museum) several times - are you old enough to remember when it was basicall next to the runways at Bradly Field?  When the tornado hit?  Anyway Glad to see someone here from my old stomping grounds, it made my day actually. Enjoy your stay.

t

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 06:42:59 AM »

So how long does it generally take to receive membership materials?

Ronald Musco

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 08:09:31 AM »

I worked at Hamilton Standard for 43 years in the Electronics Dept. Engineering Lab. One of the engineering aides, Don Murray, was instrumental in gathering the aircraft when the Museum started alongside Route 75. When they brought in the C-124 Globemaster I told him it was too big to maintain outdoors and he laughed. I spent from 1956 to 1970 at the Trolley Museum in East Windsor laying track and restoring cars as well as operating cars for the public so I know how maintaining something outside in New England goes. However, the 1979 tornado solved the problem of the C-124 as the winds went right up Route 75 and through the outdoor display.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 08:39:06 AM »

So how long does it generally take to receive membership materials?

If you have merely registered with the Forum, you won't receive any "membership materials."

If you have paid annual dues for TIGHAR membership, some kind of confirmation should come swiftly.

If the latter is the problem, you may want to contact Pat Thrasher directly.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 06:29:30 AM »

Thanks Marty -

I'll contact Pat directly.

t

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:36 AM »

Wouldn't you know, no sooner did I ask the question that I went home to find the materials in the mailbox!  Makes me wonder what other questions I should ask!

Signed, newly minted TIGHAR # 3309,

Tim Collins
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 02:15:50 PM »

G'day all.  My name is Jim and I'm new here.  I have always been fascinated by aviation since I can remember, and as a child in school was always getting in trouble for drawing airplanes instead of doing my assignments.   I grew up in an aviation/horse family my father was a pilot in WW1, and step father a QB and avid pilot.  Later in life I fell in love with a beautiful flight instructor and started taking flying lessons... Imaging that!  :)  Her name was Heidi.  Unfortunately she was the victim of an aircraft accident, practicing aerobatics; it is believed her instructor had a heart attack and locked up the controls, flying both of them into the ground.  This didn't stop me from flying, or going on to attending a college where I got a degree as a professional pilot, also earning multi and instrument ratings.  I went on from there to work as a ferry pilot racking up 24 single engine flights over Cuba among many other interesting adventures, and owning several aircraft at different times in my life. 

Over the years I have learned many interesting skills and acquired some interesting hobbies including: K-9 handling and training, (just missed going to 911 with my dog), hunting, camping, construction work, scuba, cooking, writer/author ("West With the Night", my favorite book), black belt in Tae Kwon Do.   I hold a Doctorate in Chiropractic (it's what I love as much as flying), and look forward to my next airplane and more flying adventures.  I am a terrible proof reader, and spelling is not a natural activity for me, thank God for spell check, so I ask humbly for your forgiveness in advance, for the many errors in both I will make.  Hopefully, it is not a reflection of my ability to think.

I have been interested in bring Amelia home since I knew who she was, and was even more convinced this would happen when Mr. Ballard found the Titanic.  I felt it would only be a matter of time until someone would find the famous Electra, and bring Amelia home again too.  Having followed the Nikumaroro hypothesis for a while, and learning of the many pieces of circumstantial evidence beginning to mount up, I can only hope the time is near for us to know what really happened to Amelia on her way home.

Have to run right now, but look forward to reading and discussing all things aviation and especially EA, with people of common interest.

Best to all,
Jim

Tom Swearengen

• T5
  • earhart monument, Hawaii
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 05:37:06 PM »

Dr. Jim---from another that spell--Welcome Aboard!. This is a very exciting time to join the forum, and join TIGHAR. Hopefully yo ucan make it to tht symposium in DC and get the very latest on the search for FINDING AMELIA---and the Electra.
Good to have you with us.
Tom
Tom Swearengen TIGHAR # 3297

Paul R Titus

• T1
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »

Hi all, my name is Paul, from near Chicago, IL. I have a BS in chemistry and just retired from my job of 33+ years as an analytical chemist in a police crime laboratory where I tested drugs....no, I did not smoke any!!  I have been following TIGHAR's work for quite some time, have reviewed your theories about AE disappearance, evaluated your evidence from a scientific standpoint, and I am convinced you all are on the right track! And finally I got around to at least joining the forum. I have a great interest in genealogy and have spent many an hour in various archives, libraries, etc. So if you ever are in need of someone with a lot of time on their hands to look through files and stuff, just holler!

Keep up the good work......Paul

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 05:56:51 PM »

Welcome to the Forum guys

Hope you's enjoy ur time on the Forums, and join in discussions  :)
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

John B. Shattuck

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 07:56:58 AM »

Long time lurker, year-long member, and newly registered poster introducing himself and making a test post.  Happy to join the fray and hopefully add to the thoughtful discourse.

Warm regards,

JB

Trey L Huett

• T1
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2012, 09:25:05 AM »

Hello everyone!
   I've been a lurker on the TIGHAR site for a few years and finally decided to join the community.  My name is Trey Huett, I work as a Project Manager for a very large telecommunications company and live in Montgomery, AL.  I don't have an aviation background, but, am working toward getting my pilot license by late next year.   I have participated in an Archaeological dig while in college (a Creek Indian site near Wetumpka, AL) and have a passion for history in general.   

Thanks!  :)

LWhite

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2012, 05:31:41 PM »

Hello!  My name is Leon White and I live in Los Angeles.  Many years ago I wrote a paper on AE for school (more like a thesis these days).  I interviewed some of the people mentioned in Goerner's book in person.  One included a lady who was apparently Amelia's 'secretary.'  I recall her looking very much like Amelia, but shorter.  After meeting one of them, the rest of the group seemed to have been alerted to me - a bit strange.

I'm not a scientist or archieologist - just a long time Amelia fan and into WWII warbirds and history.

I've surveyed all the forum topics and dived deep into a few, like the video thread. 

The effort put forth by TIGHAR is astounding, and the research by forum members unbelievable.  My thanks to everyone involved.
I hope I'll be able to help out.

Leon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org