Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elgen Long Estate Auction  (Read 3722 times)

Denise Kelsey

• TIGHAR member
Elgen Long Estate Auction
« on: June 26, 2022, 10:46:46 AM »

On July 16 in Dallas, 17 Earhart-related items owned by Elgen Long's estate are going to be auctioned off by Heritage Auctions, including her 'Japanese Capture' kimono and a collection of Coast Guard Itasca radio dispatches.

Opening bid for the kimono is $15K, the letter from FDR, $50K

https://tinyurl.com/2p87b5p3
~ Denise

« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 05:25:19 PM by Denise Kelsey »

Christian Stock

• TIGHAR member
Re: Elgen Long Estate Auction
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 06:59:08 PM »

I wonder if any of the conspiracy wackadoodles ever Questioned how her kimono got back to the United States.

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 05:40:26 AM »

I believe Denise let a bit of sarcasm slip through with her description of the kimono. Visit the link for a more appropriate description of it, and the other items. Quite interesting! But I won't be bidding just yet......
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Denise Kelsey

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 09:45:32 PM »

From The Daily Beast article:
"... (a) book by Joe Klaas that claimed Amelia Earhart was alive and living in Monroe, New Jersey, as Mrs. Guy Bolam: Her life had been bartered by Japan so Emperor Hirohito would not be tried as a war criminal. A photo of Amelia in a kimono was included as part of Klaas's evidence, captioned: 'Amelia Earhart being served in a Japanese tearoom.' "

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-amelia-earhart-kimono-that-spikes-a-racist-legend
~ Denise

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 09:47:15 PM by Denise Kelsey »

Denise Kelsey

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2022, 10:01:39 PM »

My question is how/why did Elgen Long have Itasca radio dispatches?  I thought those would be at Purdue, or in an archive somewhere?
~ Denise

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org