Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unedited expedition video  (Read 3862 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Unedited expedition video
« on: February 13, 2021, 12:06:04 PM »

At TIGHAR board member Andrew McKenna's suggestion, we have posted an hour of unedited video shot during the 2010 NIKU V expedition on the TIGHAR Youtube Channel in a new Playlist called NIKU RAW. If it's something people find interesting we could continue to put up batches of raw footage people could subscribe to for a minimal fee.   Please take a look.  Is this a good idea?  Did you find the footage interesting? Would you pay to see more? Do you have questions about what is going on in the video?
We have also grouped together all of the edited and produced videos of work on the island in a Playlist called TIGHAR on Niku.

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
Re: Unedited expedition video
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 04:50:05 PM »

Thanks Ric

Over the years I've come to understand that while there is always intense interest in our expeditions, I don't think we - TIGHAR - has done a good job of really conveying what it is like to work on Nikumaroro.  Yes, we've all heard the stories of hot, sweaty, dirty, often difficult or backbreaking work, but other than some snippets of edited and produced videos, we haven't really allowed the Membership to see what it is like for themselves.  I think that many, if not most of the Members, Forumites, and beyond, have imagined themselves being chosen to go on an expedition to Nikumaroro, and wonder what it is really like and how well they'd perform on the island. 

Now you have the chance to see some of the raw footage and better understand what activities were conducted, the challenges, successes and failures in the results in an unedited medium.  Unedited means just that - there is no narration, no storyline other than what you see, no cliffhangers concocted to make you want to catch the next episode, just expedition activities filmed as they happened in real time, a virtual expedition Niku VI 2010, with all the mystery, discovery, and boredom you can stomach.  I was a member of the Niku VI expedition, but I haven't seen this video material before and I was fascinated to see it.  I  think most of you will enjoy the opportunity to see it for yourselves.

If you get to the end of the video, there is an email to ask questions, make comments, or provide any other input you'd like.  My hope is that Ric will take those questions and post answers here in this thread for all to see.

Happy virtual Niku VI expedition!  More interesting than Netflix......

Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org