Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Documentary of Linda Finch in "How Amelia Did It!" by David Hoffman  (Read 7112 times)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member

Ran across this awesome documentary of Linda Finch and her restoration of the Lockheed Electra and re-enacting Amelia's Around the World Flight. In this documentary it shows part of the Lae takeoff that I've never seen before. For those of you who watch this correct me on this if this isnt something new. I was also amazed by the cockpit filming of Amelia on the start of her journey. Overall, it was an awesome piece of filming!

https://youtu.be/zv1Gqmio7Zg

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
Re: Documentary of Linda Finch in "How Amelia Did It!" by David Hoffman
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 02:41:40 PM »

Decent documentary. I didn't see any "new" footage. The take off they show at 22:40 as they speak about Lae, is NOT Lae, as it had no paved runways. Ric could probably tell us where that was shot.
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 07:51:17 AM »

It's the take off at Miami.  You get a quick look at the patch over the missing lavatory window as the Electra flashes by.

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 09:02:10 AM »

Thanks Bill. I was thinking it was probably Miami, but was too lazy to track it down. ;)
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org