Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tighar Coin Bank  (Read 3142 times)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
Tighar Coin Bank
« on: December 22, 2018, 11:23:31 AM »

I was at a large estate Farm and Toy auction last week, and to my surprise ran across some interesting things. First, was a replica die-cast plane of the Lockheed Vega that Amelia used on her first major crossing into Ireland. The second, was a die cast plane with Tighar logo on it. Very neat. The person who had these must have been an aviator himself, cause they at least had over hundred die casts of planes from different time eras. Anyway, needing to know how old this bank is Ric? Also....have a wonderful Christmas everyone!!!!

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Tighar Coin Bank
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 11:37:25 AM »

Early 1990s as I recall.  We sold them to members and put their member number on top of the wing.

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
Re: Tighar Coin Bank
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 08:28:15 AM »

Have one! 1990s is what I recall also.
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org