Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Memorial Day Coincidence  (Read 6896 times)

Alfred Hendrickson

• TIGHAR member
Memorial Day Coincidence
« on: May 29, 2018, 08:01:51 AM »

Yesterday, Memorial Day, I saw an interview with one of the soldiers that guards the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington. He stated that the tomb has been guarded 24/7 since the 2nd of July, 1937. I thought that was quite an interesting coincidence.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Memorial Day Coincidence
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 08:08:03 AM »

Makes you wonder why that date?

Alfred Hendrickson

• TIGHAR member
Re: Memorial Day Coincidence
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 08:28:37 AM »

Yes. I wondered, too.

Did some searching, and some sources say July 1, 1937 was the date. Maybe it started at midnight, so some say it was really July 2? Not sure. But anyway, it caught my ear. The changing of the guard there at Arlington has always left me awed and inspired.

Alfred Hendrickson

• TIGHAR member
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org