Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In case you were wondering...  (Read 13126 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
In case you were wondering...
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:19:47 AM »

via email to info@tighar.org

im a former us navy veteran, and i have friends who have worked for the pentagon, and or were stationed at us air force bases, i can tell you for certain the plane you found on the shelf at gardner island isnt amelia earharts actual lost plane, that plane is the one that  she crashed on takeoff from hawaii on a return trip from oakland to hawaii and back. on gardner, the wheel, the starboard wing, the window cover and some of the other wreckage are of her electra 10L,   her plane was fished out of the water by a japanese seaplane tender and taken to Taroa island, and after the war removed by the us military and is now sitting in a warehose hangar at irwin air force base in california, heavly damaged unrestorable, a friend who was stationed there in 1965 saw it.

rear admiral chester nimitz told an AP reporter before he died, that amelia is alive and living under another name in japan, in 1942 she was brought to hawaii and sworn in the us army air corps, and flew surveillence missions, when she was shot down over lae and crashed laned in jungle, captured by japanese, and forced to tell them american secrets. after ww2 she was brought back to hawaii, placed under witness protection program, because of things she was forced to do for japan, it would of destroyed her reputation, 

to make the story of her disappearence believable, personal items were collected and dropped on gardner island. ms earhart's fate was made up to keep earhart seeker busy on her whereabouts, as  she lived to be 85 and died in october 1982 for  the sake of amelia, she died on gardner island, lets leave it at that.

david morin, us navy ret.

Alfred Hendrickson

• TIGHAR member
Re: In case you were wondering...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 12:22:40 PM »

Wow!

That clears it up for me.

Karen Hoy

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 12:27:17 PM »

Glad we could get that sorted out!  ;D

Karen Hoy #2610ER

Kevin A. Roll

• T1
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »

That cannot be true, because I have most of the Electra in my garage. Earhart worked for my grandparents as a nanny under an assumed name. Fred Noonan changed his name to Fred Astaire and became a film star.

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 11:48:33 AM »

Where to even begin? You could write a book on the many things wrong with that. Model 10L?, crashed on return to Oakland? Seeded island with parts from that crash that include the window cover?  I guess the seeded parts from the Luke Field crash weren't found soon enough so they went to Ft Irwin (then an Air Foce base?) to get the window cover for easier discovery.
What happened to Amelia between the lost 1937 flight to 1942 when she was being used for spy missions?
The US government recovered her from somewhere but left the plane for the Japanese to recover? Is it April 1st already?
3971R

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:52:41 AM by Greg Daspit »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 01:03:50 PM »

This is actually a prophecy of mine that has been fulfilled.

Years ago, in the old email version of the Forum, I said that there never would be any physical evidence that could overcome the doubts of the conspiracy theorists.

The presence of "heavy metal" on or around the island would not prove that AE and FN were there with it.

Not even finding the remains of AE and/or FN would prove the Niku hypothesis!

The artifacts or human remains would not tell the story of how they got to the island.

One can always imagine perfect conspiracies by which the evidence could have been planted by enemies foreign or domestic.

I don't think that these would be reasonable doubts.  I like the Niku hypothesis a lot, and I would be very happy with wreckage or remains.  But I know that LOGICALLY they would fall short of "perfect proof."
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 01:38:27 PM »

But I know that LOGICALLY they would fall short of "perfect proof."

I think Marty is right. There is no perfect proof.  It is, however, possible to reach a state of "general acceptance" of a particular solution to the riddle.  Crashed & Sank has occupied that position since 1937.  Japanese Capture had a brief period of popularity in the 1960s and '70s but now survives only as a lunatic fringe.  The Niku theory was nowhere until we came along in 1989.  Now we're neck and neck with Crashed & Sank.  When Nauticos comes up dry in this latest effort it will further damage C&S.  As we continue to develop and publicize the evidence we have already found general acceptance that AE died as a castaway will continue to build.  Whether you win by a decision or a knock-out you still win the fight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org