Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent French Documentary?  (Read 10824 times)

Josh Gillespie

• TIGHAR member
  • Historian, Author
Recent French Documentary?
« on: January 26, 2017, 09:56:57 AM »

Dear TIGHAR,

I've been searching for any accurate material regarding the L'Oiseau Blanc, and recently came across the following on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mevWw7Niw&t=2378s

The documentary seems to be in French (I'm not fluent, so best guess here), with German(?) subtitles.

Does anyone know of an English subtitled version, and if so...where can it be accessed?

Dizzy
Joshua D. Gillespie
USNA '00
LCDR(fmr), USNR

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Recent French Documentary?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 10:46:11 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8mevWw7Niw&t=2378s

The documentary seems to be in French (I'm not fluent, so best guess here), with German(?) subtitles.

The documentary is in German.

The German subtitles are auto-generated by YouTube.

Does anyone know of an English subtitled version, and if so...where can it be accessed?

I didn't see any versions with English subtitles.  That doesn't mean they don't exist--just that my method of searching failed to find them.

(It is not impossible to prove negatives, only difficult.  To prove "there is no English-subtitled version  of this file," all you have to do is search all of the places in the world where such a version might be stored.  I have to work on other things this morning.)
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
Re: Recent French Documentary?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 02:43:51 PM »

LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org