Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Piece  (Read 5302 times)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
Missing Piece
« on: April 27, 2019, 03:14:24 PM »

Hey guys! I just left Museum of Flight across the street from Boeing in Seattle, Washington. While I was there I took some really good pictures of the Lockheed Electra except for the back side by the door. The exhibit was nicely set up and has something that no one possibly may know about. This is a piece of the Electra that broke off at Luke's Field in Hawaii. Also, after examining the side with the window and patch area. It gives a look on the size of what the patch may look like or size. Here are some pics.. Enjoy!!!

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Missing Piece
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 04:15:00 PM »

It gives a look on the size of what the patch may look like or size. Here are some pics.. Enjoy!!!

Randy, the Electra at the Museum of Flight does not have a "patch."  When Linda Finch had the airplane rebuilt as a replica of NR16020 she believed Elgen Long's mistaken idea that there was a removable hatch in that location, so the airplane you looked at has a removable hatch - completely wrong.

It's amazing to me that so many so-called researchers studied photos of the Earhart Electra for decades and nobody ever caught on to what they were looking at.  The only reason Earhart's fate remained a mystery for so long is that the people trying to solve it were so inept.

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 09:21:24 PM »

Ric.....I guess I should have worded this better. Here are two better pics to indicate what I saw today. If this piece that was discovered at Luke Field...can it be compared to the metal that was found at Niku.

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 09:33:14 PM »

Metal found at Luke field

Matt Revington

• TIGHAR member
  • member #4155
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 05:14:18 AM »

Doesn’t TIGHAR already have a similar bit?
https://tighar.org/Projects/Earhart/Archives/Research/Bulletins/54_HistoryDetectives/54_HDreport.html
Or is this the same one they looked before?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 05:17:00 AM by Matt Revington »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 06:42:30 AM »

Or is this the same one they looked before?

Yes.  That piece of metal sat on my desk for months.  We made special trip to the New England Air Museum to compare it to their Lockheed 10. The piece is from Earhart's airplane but not from the location described in the Museum of Flight exhibit.  The owner of the piece would not give us permission to do metallurgical testing on it because TIGHAR is not "dedicated to honoring the legacy of Amelia Earhart."  We're dedicated to establishing the truth.

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 08:49:19 AM »

Thanks for sharing this information Ric...I guess with what you mentioned...is this piece at the museum legit? Also appreciative of the link behind this piece. I guess I'm confused from what you said bout that they wouldn't let you do analysis on it...but in the link it shows that this is the piece in the exhibit and there had been testing on it...

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 09:07:02 AM »

is this piece at the museum legit?

It is a legitimate piece of wreckage from the Earhart Electra wreck at Luke Field.

I guess I'm confused from what you said bout that they wouldn't let you do analysis on it...but in the link it shows that this is the piece in the exhibit and there had been testing on it...

The piece is owned by a private individual whose relative was at Luke Field and picked it up as a souvenir.  (He may have now donated the piece to the museum.)  He would not permit us to do metallurgical testing on the piece because he felt we were too critical of Earhart.  If somebody else did metallurgical testing on the piece they have not shared that information with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org