Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: crashed & sank after all...  (Read 13628 times)

Andreas Badertscher

• T1
crashed & sank after all...
« on: August 11, 2010, 05:29:51 AM »

This is really something. All the evidence in this text against the hypothesis of TIGHAR are theories as well. No evidence!
A really bad bad text. If they would have read the Book "Amelias shoes" page by page, then most of it would have been clear...  ::)

http://www.ameliaearhartbook.com/new_page_14.htm

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
Re: crashed & sank after all...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 07:47:05 AM »

I found it written in a very bitter and imature way.  No evidence was presented and the dismissing of the search off Howland made no mention that it wasn't a complete search of the whole vast area.

After re reading it i'd just wonder how probable it would be for the reamains of a Norwich City sailor to be in tne same location as a drunken sailors sextant box, visiting ladies makeup as well as other artifacts that have been deposited at the remote end of a Pacific Island.

The article does go a long way in explaining the need for a definitive 'smokeing gun' artifact such as an engine.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 08:53:02 AM by Chris Johnson »

Mona Kendrick

• T2
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »

The author of the article, Carol Dow, made a number of posts on the Tighar Forum several years ago arguing that when AE and FN realized they were in trouble, they turned around and headed for the Gilberts.  I found her logic entirely unpersuasive.

LTM,
Mona

Mark Petersen

• T3
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 02:53:58 PM »

In the absence of indisputable evidence there will always be detractors and why, as Chris points out, there is a need to find the smoking gun.  Despite the fact that most of the article is dismissive and obviously skewed to one way of thinking, Carol did say this, "After all has been said and done, without TIGHAR a great deal of information about the Earhart disappearance would not have been available... ".   How true!  Not only that, but the deeper that TIGHAR has dug into the Niku theory, the more compelling the theory has become.  The post loss radio messages that triangulate to Niku, the records describing the discovery of the castaway skeleton and the interviews with the earliest colonists who all talk about a plane crash on the reef are all new evidence that has come out as TIGHAR has dug into this theory.  In my mind all of this research has pointed towards a validity of the theory rather than disproving it. 

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 11:19:03 AM »

To quote someone wiser than me, Carol "knows many things that are not so."
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Alfred Hendrickson

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 10:28:06 PM »

Yeesh!

Carol Linn Dow makes a bunch of smarmy statements about the work of this group generally, and of Ric Gillespie especially. She doesn't really say what her own theory is, or what she has done to prove it. Indeed, she seems to be little more than a huckster for her book.

Or did I miss something?

Randy W Kerr

• T1
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 09:21:01 PM »

After reading this "theory" and the rank dismissal of the TIGHAR venture, I 'm reminded of the Mark Twain quote: "It's not what you don't know that bothers me, it's what you think you know that ain't so."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org