Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon Smile for TIGHAR  (Read 12694 times)

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
Amazon Smile for TIGHAR
« on: May 12, 2016, 06:54:42 PM »

Has the Amazon Smile program produced any kind of revenue stream for TIGHAR? I realize that the quantity of funds donated is very, very small, but if enough TIGHAR members use it, especially with the Prime program and its free shipping, that should end up to a decent sum by the end of a year.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 EC
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Amazon Smile for TIGHAR
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 07:18:12 PM »

Has the Amazon Smile program produced any kind of revenue stream for TIGHAR? I realize that the quantity of funds donated is very, very small, but if enough TIGHAR members use it, especially with the Prime program and its free shipping, that should end up to a decent sum by the end of a year.

Every once in a while we'll get direct deposit of $10 or $12 from Amazon Smile.  Better than a sharp stick in the foot.

Monty Fowler

• T5
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 04:50:49 AM »

Every little bit ...

I've suggested this before, but a direct link to the Smile program on the website home page and the Facebook page would surely help boost that total?

LTM,

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 08:46:51 AM »

I've suggested this before, but a direct link to the Smile program on the website home page and the Facebook page would surely help boost that total?

Here is a direct link to the Smile program.

Here is a direct link to a post explaining how to insert direct links into posts.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Monty Fowler

• T5
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 09:11:03 AM »

Thank you, but that's not what I need, or meant.

I suggested that TIGHAR might get more participation in the Smile program if it put a direct link to the program on its home page on the World Wide Web, and on its Facebook page, as many other non-profit organizations have done.

I can only suggest. I don't have the power to do that. But I don't see what harm it can do, and it might help a little.

LTM,

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:58:39 PM by Monty Fowler »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 09:37:34 AM »

I suggested that TIGHAR might get more participation in the Smile program if it put a direct link to the program on its home page on the World Wide Web, and on its Facebook page, as many other non-profit organizations have done.

I can only suggest. I don't have the power to do that. But I don't see what harm it can do, and it might help a little.

We'll do that.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator

Ricker H Jones

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 08:17:35 PM »

So my question is:  Does Amazon Smile include the names of of shoppers on whom the $5 or $10 check is based? My guess is that it does not.  (But I'll still "contribute" both ways.)

Monty Fowler

• T5
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 06:07:11 AM »

I found this interesting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brady-josephson/why-amazon-is-smiling-and_b_4360405.html

Thank you for clarifying things as far as TIGHAR is concerned. I will make the appropriate adjustments.

LTM,

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org