Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Nikumaroro aerial imagery on line  (Read 41915 times)

Mark Petersen

• T3
Re: View Nikumaroro aerial imagery on line
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 08:48:47 PM »

After digging into it, it looks like Google Earth uses a focal length of 31.2mm and there is no easy way to change it.  Anyone want to speculate on the focal length of the camera used to take the Lambrecht search photo?  I assume that since the photographer is not known that it will be difficult to determine the camera used, but perhaps it was standard issue on the USS Colorado. 

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 08:50:47 PM »

... Lining up photos like this is a very tricky business!  ...

Beautiful lineup--thanks!
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 11:53:11 AM »

The flare pistol and flares were reportedly left in New Guinea to save weight.

Mark Petersen

• T3
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 12:57:19 PM »

Hi Erik, 

Thanks for the info.  For some reason my snapshot view is grayed out.  It' s under the Edit pull-down, but not accessible.  How do you enable it so that the viewpoint numbers can be entered?  I assume that the right most screen cap in your images was done with the viewpoint info that you have provided and it looks like an excellent fit.  I'd like to play around with it in more detail so now I just need to get the snapshot view to work.   
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org