Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Summary of Fiji Princess trip to Nikumaroro  (Read 79100 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Quick Summary of Fiji Princess trip to Nikumaroro
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2015, 07:52:52 PM »

... if AE got careless (which it has been said she sometimes did) and did not tune her transmitter properly especially after changing a frequency (or her transmitter was not filtered properly), then her transmitter “most certainly” would have been also transmitting on harmonic frequencies like 12.42 MHz. Depending upon how far out of tune it was could make the harmonics transmit level quite high ...

AE's transmitter was crystal-controlled.

She could only select one of three transmission frequencies.

Of course, if her technicians made a mistake in tuning other parts of the system, that may have allowed transmission on the low harmonic.  Joe Gurr is said to have made a lot of modifications, and it may be that his efforts to provide some 500 Khz capacity may have upset the tuning for the higher frequencies.  An antenna tuned for 3105 should be good for 6210, but neither of those frequencies is an even multiple of 500.

You might want to pull your material out of this thread, Chuck, and start a new thread in "Radio Reflections."
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Chuck Creigh

• T1
Re: Quick Summary of Fiji Princess trip to Nikumaroro
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2015, 01:25:16 PM »

Thanks Martin. Interesting info, and along with other info I’ve found, much more to validate where the clues have been sending me. Think I’ll go on your suggestion, but this has to turn into a part time hobby for me as reality of customers literally calling is something one can’t skip over – lol.

The more I’ve dug on this the more it seems like it is perhaps “smelling the smoke, of a technical smoking gun”. Can’t change the laws of physics as they say...

I'll start the thread perhaps in a day or so.

Fascinating - anyway, I’ll be back at it soon I hope.

-Chuck
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org