Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wishing for a safe and successful expedition!  (Read 21858 times)

Ingo Prangenberg

• T2
Wishing for a safe and successful expedition!
« on: June 04, 2015, 07:22:57 AM »

May I be the first to wish the entire team a safe and successful journey? No matter what the results, whether large or small, interesting new data will certainly be collected, with new items and elements for all to ponder.

Please be safe...    :)

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.
Re: Wishing for a safe and successful expedition!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 08:38:54 AM »

Ingo

I'm sure I speak for the whole team when I say thanks for your support and kind words. 

There is always a sense of excited anticipation when heading out on one of these expeditions.  We all imagine in the back of our heads what the moment of definitive discovery might be like, but at the same time we have to accept that that moment may not arrive during this trip.  All we can do is go out there and do the work we hope to accomplish, and in so doing we'll move the project forward no matter what the outcome. 

Time and time again, most often the real discoveries come after the fact during the analysis of the artifacts and information recovered.

Fingers crossed, sea sickness meds in hand, on behalf of the entire TIGHAR organization, we will do our best.

Andrew

Paul March

• T1
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 09:53:31 AM »

While success may be subjective, safety is not. For my thoughts, a safe return will equal a successful journey! As Ingo so well stated, results may be large or small, but all journeys produce results. Be safe and take moments to enjoy the journey!

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 10:03:16 AM »

Well said, Andrew and Paul.  Here's to an "adventure-free" expedition!

Joy Diane Forster

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 11:07:19 AM »

I, too, wish the team to have a safe trip.  I know that everyone will be trying their best - that goes without saying.

::)  Still, I have to admit my hopes are high for something significant, and I can't wait for the daily updates to start.......
TIGHAR Member #4239

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 11:51:01 AM »

Ric, I am excited about all of the things being investigated in the expedition. Especially a search for evidence of a camp zero, and the investigation of  the anomaly and the Glickman debris field.  I look forward to the reading the dailies too.

Andrew, I hope you can bring back some more of those great pictures like you have posted in the past and can update us on the reef condition again. And I hope those sharks stay friendly while you search the reef.

Best wishes to Ric, Andrew and the rest of the Niku VIII expedition team.
3971R

Alfred Hendrickson

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 12:08:14 PM »

I'm adding my voice here. Best wishes for a safe and successful journey.

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 12:52:56 PM »

Exciting times.  Have a safe trip.

"I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you."

Susan Powers

• T1
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 04:08:35 PM »

Well, after years of lurking, I couldn’t let this expedition begin without becoming a genuine card-carrying member of TIGHAR.  I joined last night and am proud to officially be a part of this fine group. I doubt I will do much posting, but I know I will continue to enjoy the discussion here as TIGHAR's hunt for Amelia goes forward. One funny thing to share...I generally carry my iPad to bed and often check out what’s happening on the Forum before turning out the lights. My husband, who thinks I am a little nuts for getting hooked on this, will often roll over to ask what Ric, and Monty, and Jeff and the rest of the gang are discussing tonight. Too funny! I think he is a little jealous, so I have ordered him a tee shirt so he doesn’t feel left out. :) All kidding aside, I, like everyone here, have high hopes for this expedition and will be anxiously awaiting the daily reports. Best of luck to the entire crew. Godspeed! (And Richie, it's nice to see you back!)

Krystal McGinty-Carter

• TIGHAR member
  • Kilo Mike
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »

Fair winds and following seas.  We'll all be waiting, anxiously but always patiently.  Here is hoping that your tireless efforts are finally rewarded.

Bring us back something pretty!  :)

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 05:50:43 PM »

Thanks Susan  :)

I have to admit 1 of the reasons for my silence was the hard lesson i got last time round i was so sure they were going to find that darn plane, wen they didn't i think i was close to depression  :o Hats off to Ric an the gang who go out there and try to further the investigation every few years.

This years no different, I wish all of the expedition team a safe and happy journey no matter the outcome  :) 
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Bob Smith

• T3
  • Are We There Yet?
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 08:37:18 PM »

Weather looks excellent for the next couple days in Fiji and Kiribati areas. To the team - you guys are on a "roll"! Hope the luck continues. As Bob and Ray always said in their sign-off: " Hang by your thumbs and don't forget to write if you find work"! ( I don't know what that meant, either, but just get there and back in good shape. )
PS. Hope Ric remembered the ice chest. I think the Fiji Hardware will be closed tomorrow. And remember when it's empty it'll hold a lot of bones!!
Bob S.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:43:15 PM by Bob Smith »

Jeff Lange

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 07:35:20 AM »

Welcome Susan, and thanks for the support. I'm sure there are MANY persons who just read and lurk, but never post a word. And that is just fine, although we would love it if they all followed your lead and joined our band of brothers (and sisters) just to help out the cause.

I will try to keep up on the details of this trip, but I will be out of town all next week on a trip of my own with spotting connectivity so it will be a treat to get updates.

Fair well to all on the expedition and here is hoping for some interesting finds and safe travels for all!
Jeff Lange

# 0748CR

manjeet aujla

• T1
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 07:04:50 PM »

Good Luck,  and Best Wishes.

James Champion

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 09:09:41 AM »

Best wishes for an unexpected discovery:

May you trip in the scaevola and find yourself nose-to-nose with a skull, which proves to be a skeleton buried in a shallow grave, with a sextant as a tombstone crudely scratched on the frame with the word NOONAN.

May the ROV propellers fowl on a wire, and when retrieved found to be attached to a box bearing a tag: TRANSMITTER, Western Electric, Model 13C.

May your lunch sandwich be stolen by a coconut crab, and when chased into its burrow also found to have years earlier snatched a stoppered bottle containing a diary written from torn pages of a aircraft log, and a pilots license.

May the currents and wind push the boat over an unimportant part of the reef slope, only to see on the sonar the distinct outline of a twin vertical tail structure.

May the anchor fowl on the bottom, and when eventually recovered be found to be hung into the corroded remains of a radial engine.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org