Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: This close?  (Read 20159 times)

Steve Lyle Gunderson

• TIGHAR member
Re: This close?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 07:21:05 AM »

When I saw this on Youtube I was struck by the similarity to the Bevington object. Not sure it adds anything to the search but thought I would share anyway.
Steve G
#3911R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: This close?
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 08:05:53 AM »

Well, in the Bimini wreck the gear is still attached to the center section of the airframe which is, as best we know, not the case in the Bevington Object - but the wreck is interesting nonetheless.  One tire is intact and possibly still inflated.  Single leg strut, gear retracts rearward like a Lockheed 12 but this airplane is much bigger than that. Where did the rest of it go?  Shallow, tidal, tropical salt water - worst possible environment, and yet this wreckage survives.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org