Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tighar Research Conference and Open House - Saturday Aug. 30, 2014  (Read 6041 times)

John Wallace

• T1

New announcement about the Open House has been posted here, with details:
http://tighar.org/open_house/openhouse.html
 and mentioned on the Tighar Facebook page.

Registration here:
http://tighar.org/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=126

Research Conference  1:00 PM to 5:00 PM, Open House & Cook Out 5:00PM to 9:00PM.
Jeff Glickman and Tom King to be in attendance.

Discussed earlier on the 2-2-V-1 Patch thread
but thought it would be more obvious to put it on its own thread.

Any thought about a family rate, or contest/scholarship for younger crowd? They're having an aviation camp up the road earlier in August at the local GA airport where might get some interest. Might balance funding needs versus garning broader/ future interest?

(Feel very free to edit/delete/move as seems best).

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
Re: Tighar Research Conference and Open House - Saturday Aug. 30, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:40:09 AM »

I'm looking forward to attending the Conference and Open House. The check is in the mail!

Driving up from the Atlanta area, I figure I can spend Friday night in the Lexington, VA, area and complete the drive to Oxford, PA, location of TIGHAR Hqs by around noon. I hope that's early enough before the hundreds of other attendees, so that I can get a good parking space near the barn ... and hoping to avoid any horse apples!  ;D

LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 11:03:47 AM »

Bruce,

Traffic on I-95 from north of Richmond through DC and Baltimore will be miserable Bruce.  Leave early.  I live 1.5 miles from I-95 just north of Quantico MCB and will leave at 0700 to get there by noon!

Take the shortcut through central VA; I-64 east to Zion's Crossing, north on US 15 through Gordonsville and Orange, then State 20 to Wilderness to State 3 to Fredericksburg and north on I-95.  Beautiful country and you go past the Wilderness and Chancelorsville battlefields.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 04:37:31 PM »

A few photos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org