Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In the spirit of alternate ideas, expansiveness and a parallel universe...  (Read 23920 times)

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...

Topics that get off track could be split from the previous topic and the off track posts could be redirected to the Extraneous Exchanges section with a post added indicating what got it off track. If they find an interesting route or find a way back on track, then that line could be moved to the appropriate section.

I like the idea of a separate section for lines of inquiry that divert from TIGHAR's main line but sending them to Extraneous Exchanges (aka Oblivion) may imply prejudice that we don't intend.  How about if we created a section called Other Ideas and describe it as "Lines of inquiry not officially endorsed by TIGHAR." or "Whales not hunted by Ahab"  ?

How about "Alternate Lines of Inquiry" created under the Earhart panel?

We've had some suggest that anything other than 'General Discussion' is oblivion, but that's not so - it is merely that all sub-panels cannot be "#1" under Earhart; agreed that "Extraneous" might bury too deeply, so I would favor "Alternate..." under the "Earhart" panel - and helping people realize we're not burying anything.

Can do in a heartbeat if desired.

Alternate Lines of Inquiry described as Lines of inquiry not officially endorsed by TIGHAR.

So let it be written.  So let it be done.

Aye, Cap'n Ahab, 'tis done!  Thar she blows...

Let it never be said that the well-meant, exploring, quirky, off-the-wall or just plain "are you kidding me" lines of discussion aren't accepted here.  This isn't "alternate theories" (there is another panel under "Earhart" for that), but a place where alternate lines of thought regarding the Earhart-Gardner (Niku) hypothesis can be developed by those having a bit different view of things-Niku.

Let the brainstorm begin for those who want to expand on notions that are not necessarily 'mainstream' TIGHAR positions, etc.

Welcome!
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:59:14 AM by Jeffrey Neville »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator

I have made this topic "sticky" so that it will stay pinned to the top of this board.

It is not locked.  If you want to comment on the policy that guides the moderators in moving threads here or offer other advice, feel free to do so in this thread. 

Everything on these boards is written in recycled electrons supplied by a series of 1s and 0s recorded somewhere on a magnetic medium.  Any topics placed here can be moved elsewhere if that seems best to TIGHAR, or moved from elsewhere to this area.  The goal of separating topics this way is to help new readers tell the difference between individual enthusiasms and the more settled policies and purposes of TIGHAR as an investigative and educational organization.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!

Let it never be said that the well-meant, exploring, quirky, off-the-wall or just plain "are you kidding me" lines of discussion aren't accepted here.  This isn't "alternate theories" (there is another panel under "Earhart" for that), but a place where alternate lines of thought regarding the Earhart-Gardner (Niku) hypothesis can be developed by those having a bit different view of things-Niku.

Let the brainstorm begin for those who want to expand on notions that are not necessarily 'mainstream' TIGHAR positions, etc.

Welcome!

This was a good idea, Jeff. Thank you for taking the initiative.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

JNev

• T5

Thanks, Tim, and a pleasure to do!

But the credit really goes to those of you who expressed this desire, and to TIGHAR for deciding to give us a bigger tent in the spirit of reaching out a bit more.

It is a welcome development in my view, and my earnest hope is that we can all find a place now to be great neighbors as we express ourselves and respect each other.

All the best - enjoy!
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000

Could this herald the return of some famous faces  :D

JNev

• T5

I don't know, Chris, I guess that would depend on the 'rogues gallery' ;) and TIGHAR overseers.

Not my call, thanks be.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Chris Johnson

• T5

Well Tims survived so now could be the time to hold out an Olive branch?

JNev

• T5

Tim always was welcome so far as I know.  I hope he will continue as a positive contributor here for a long time.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!

Tim always was welcome so far as I know. I hope he will continue as a positive contributor here for a long time.

If you are referring to me, Jeff, my intention is just that, and so far as possible, always on the High Road.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

JNev

• T5

Absolutely Tim, and grand to see you working here.  Glad to travel the high road too.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

James Champion

• TIGHAR member
Re: In the spirit of alternate ideas, expansiveness and a parallel universe...
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 08:15:46 AM »

In the spirit of alternate ideas, and parallel universes, (the topic of this thread), here is one alternate reality of what happened to Amelia from an alternate 2-dimensional universe consisting of colored cells with a Planck time interval of around 24 frames/second.

Amelia appears near the beginning and once again at end of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5zgxZtF9W8

Note that the video from this alternate universe supports the Tighar hypothesis of landed/marooned on a remote island.

I searched the forum for a reference to this clip from dilbert cartoon series, and only found a mention to it in old forums stored as text files. So enjoy and relax for the holidays.

Merry Christmas

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 08:40:08 AM »

Fantastic!  ;D

JNev

• T5
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 08:56:39 AM »

Gotta love it...
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org