Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Niku VIII Plan  (Read 158081 times)

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
Re: Niku VIII Plan
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2014, 12:30:56 PM »

Well ... this is certainly a bitter pill, but we don't have to swallow it just yet. Niku VII occurred because of a on-in-a-thousand miracle. I still have hope for Niku VIII by the end of this month.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 ECSP
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

John Ousterhout

• T4
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »

Has the Banjo maker been asked to be a sponsor? ;)
Cheers,
JohnO

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2014, 11:22:12 AM »

Glad to read the good news on the stay of execution until Sept 15.
3971R

matt john barth

• T1
« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2014, 01:28:22 PM »

I know all have thought of this but, why not refocus the trip on some other Niku evidence like looking for camp 0?
Matthew J. Barth

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »

I know all have thought of this but, why not refocus the trip on some other Niku evidence like looking for camp 0?

There is lots to do on land - expand the dig at the Seven Site, look for any signs of Camp Zero - and if we're unable to pit together an underwater search for airplane wreckage that's the logical alternative, but it couldn't happen this year.  A land expedition needs a completely different ship and support systems than an underwater search and suitable ships are in short supply.  They usually have to be booked at least a year in advance.

matt john barth

• T1
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2014, 12:06:19 PM »

Just for educational purposes, when you are in Hawaii can you just get on a boat and go anywhere from Hawaii on the water. Meaning you know how when you fly out of the country you have to deal with customs. My question is, when you get on a boat in Hawaii do you have to mess around with US customs? When you arrive in Hawaii on a boat do they search your belongings and passport  before you are aloud to set foot on the ground?
Matthew J. Barth

matt john barth

• T1
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2014, 12:27:37 PM »

I also wanted to say that you really go the extra mile being Tighar's Executive Director, you always are answering questions on here personally and that says a lot about how you do business. Just doing that give Tighar so much credibility in my book. I do see exactly how the media dupes this organization on the news. They always take one little thing out of context and blow it up you you know they were told over and over that whatever the expedition's might turn up new evidence or lead to new clues. Key words maybe, might, could , and possibly.

I have seen the media do this so many times to Tighar, and it really frustrates me especially when you dedicate time to talk to anyone out there who has questions. I can't donate much but I usually send some cash for each expedition. I've sent more in the past  but now I am going through a divorce so funds are short but I will make sure you get something from me. When I was a teenager a girlfriend of mine fell in the rocky mountains to her death by accident. If you Google the name Jessica Hoffert the old newspaper article comes up if you dig long enough. Point is when I read this article after the accident the Rocky-mountain news made me out to be the bad guy when I was actually the hero of the whole thing. The way the twisted the story did me no justice. So just so you know they do it to us little people too. I do think that people who follow this more than the average person are getting a clue to this.
Matthew J. Barth

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2014, 08:25:09 PM »

Ric,

With out a lot of hype how far are we from funding the 2014 expedition?
Ted Campbell

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2014, 09:17:38 PM »

Ric,

With out a lot of hype how far are we from funding the 2014 expedition?
Ted Campbell

No hype.
$1.2 million.

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2014, 02:00:13 AM »

Ric,

Re my question of how far we have to go $ wise on the 2014 project, do we have a funding source, such as a bank, etc., that we could use to augment the finance of the project?  What are their terms?

If we were to find the aircraft what do you expect the return on investment would be; re press coverage, video, book residuals, Hollywood film residuals, etc?  i.e. $ 1,000 investment vs. X $ return?

Let’s put this thing into an investment opportunity, albeit there is a real risk of failure.  I am sure this seems unseemly but what we are trying to accomplish is proving a hypothesis based upon the on-ground findings, anecdotal recollections, recent down reef explorations and other information that has been retrieved at a cost of multi millions of dollars.

This could be considered a real crap shot, but on the other hand it could be a real significant return on investment for those who may have contributed.  Plus what a great feeling it would be if the program was successful and the mystery solved and you were part of the final search.

If you need someone to handle the financials of this method of financing I have a couple of companies that I do business with in mind.  I can ask them if this is a viable way of going forward and with your involvement we can sort out the details.

Let me know if this something that you would like to pursue.

Ted Campbell

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:13 AM »

Read it here - latest news is that TIGHAR has a nice 'stay of execution' on the sailing date for Niku VIII.

Just as the radio seemed quiet and the trip seemed to be slipping over the edge of the reef...  ;)
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »

Let’s put this thing into an investment opportunity,

As a 501 c3 nonprofit we can't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org