Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Critics' Corner  (Read 36287 times)

Bob Smith

• T3
  • Are We There Yet?
Re: Critics' Corner
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 10:44:21 AM »

I agree with Monty for once. This whole discussion of fuel is a dead issue. Nobody knows what happened in the air or what conditions Amelia would have encountered any more than we know where she landed  or whether Fred was asleep. EVERYTHING from Lae to Baker, Mili, or the drink or wherever she landed is shear speculation, except for documented communications by the Itasca. If anything is ever to be concluded on the whereabouts of Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan, it won't be on this forum.
Bob S.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:05:53 PM by Ric Gillespie »

Neff Jacobs

• T2
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »

Bob,
I most respectfully disagree.  Fuel and usage habits are a key to what happened.   Earhart seemed to have had a single skill set that she did not apparently change on longer legs.

Gee Bob, we haven't even proposed a hypothesis yet and you are already assuring us of our stupidity.  When we produce a hypothesis you are as welcome as anyone else to question and debate.   I will suggest if your only argument is that those who don't agree with you are stupid don't expect many replies and you probably won't like the ones you get.
Neff
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:06:11 PM by Ric Gillespie »

Bob Smith

• T3
  • Are We There Yet?
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 11:48:16 AM »

No, Neff. You can certainly disagree if you like. I'm not calling anybody stupid, except maybe myself for following this forum (the "old" forum) for so long. It's just my opinion, that the ("old")forum you are now (still) a part of, and still the same forum with the same rules, monitored by the same people, has not produced any proof of much of anything other than the fact that anybody can speculate on what went wrong 78 years ago...that's my OPINION, and I'm sure there are others who disagree. That's what will keep this thread going and going (and going...
Bob S.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:24:51 PM by Bob Smith »

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 12:03:43 PM »

This thread begs the question as to whether other ex members should receive their own platform as well, there were so many interesting posters who 'disappeared'  for one reason or another.

Harry Van Asten
Tim Mellon
Malcolm McKay
Bill Roe

Just a thought  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:06:34 PM by Ric Gillespie »

Neff Jacobs

• T2
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 12:25:58 PM »

Chris,
I believe you forgot Gary LaPook and Keath Smith.  That would be a rogue's gallery but a knowledgeable and logical one.   I've read thru their posts before they disappeared.  Do you know if they are still alive?  I believe they are both elderly as is Harry.
Neff
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:06:48 PM by Ric Gillespie »

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 12:31:07 PM »

Well I know GLP posts on other public forums and of course has an informative site of his own all about navigation in relation to FN and the final flight, not my area of interest but very good.

Aren't we all getting a bit old now  :D
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:07:02 PM by Ric Gillespie »

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 01:09:14 PM »

I have changed the topic of this thread and removed posts from it that were related to the original title.

We are trying to give those who have indicated that they are opposed to TIGHAR's understanding of science, research methods, and judgments a place to defend their theories that stand in opposition to the Niku hypothesis.

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:17:52 PM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 01:41:44 PM »

Thanks Martin, this makes more sense and isn't as personal.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2015, 01:44:11 PM »

Thanks Martin, this makes more sense and isn't as personal.

You're welcome, Ted.

I figured out a way to modify an old post of mine and merge the new topic with it so that there is now a new first post in this thread that provides some context for the conversation.

I hope this helps.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:57:01 PM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Bob Smith

• T3
  • Are We There Yet?
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2015, 03:29:04 PM »

Thanks Marty for providing a breath of fresh air in you're all- knowing way, it does seem different, somehow, and I hope the likes of Jeff N. will drop in again and keep adding some views.
Bob S.

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2015, 04:09:57 PM »

Yes breath of fresh air but also something that should have happened a few years ago IMO

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »

It seems you also had access to only one of three things needed for your own "95%" conclusion then, by your own standard: NR16020 AND the "Miami patch" remain out of reach.

That's correct.  All either of us can offer are opinions based on assumptions that may or may not be correct.

Neff Jacobs

• T2
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 09:10:40 PM »

Bob,
My apology.  I thought you were taking a free swipe at an easy target.  I now understand what you ment.

Yes you are absolutely right in your assessment.   If proof was needed changing this section from what potentially could have been a group of peers, able to freely discuss and toss ideas around, to the King's Loyal Opposition is absolute proof that Tighar has learned all it wishes to know.

You can't tell him no tail what won't listen.

Neff

Alpha Mike Foxtrot

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2015, 03:21:32 PM »

Critics corner or croc of shit?

Chris Johnson

• T5
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2015, 03:28:16 PM »

Doesn't bounds of civility work both ways?  No sorry I forget this isn't a democracy and if your not imbibing the correct fluid you are anathema.

I await your response either public or private.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org