Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Japanese Aircraft (and 2-2-V-1)  (Read 30590 times)

John Ousterhout

• T4
Re: Japanese Aircraft
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 06:05:21 PM »

In a the 2-2-V-1 discussion thread, Hal Beck contacted Pacific Wrecks people (I earlier mis-spoke and said "the "Mavis" photographer" before Ric corrected me, below) and received confirmation that the photo was incorrectly included in the Mavis wreck photos.  This clears up a big part of the mystery.  This means we have no actual photos of Japanese aircraft parts that were marked AN-A-13.
Cheers,
JohnO

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:58:29 PM by John Ousterhout »

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »

In a the 2-2-V-1 discussion thread, Hal Beck contacted the "Mavis" photographer and received confirmation that the photo was incorrectly included in the Mavis wreck photos.  This clears up a big part of the mystery.  This means we have no actual photos of Japanese aircraft parts that were marked AN-A-13.

Hear hear.  It did seem strange...
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 05:31:46 PM »

In the 2-2-V-1 discussion thread, Hal Beck contacted the "Mavis" photographer and received confirmation that the photo was incorrectly included in the Mavis wreck photos.
Is that what happened?  My understanding is that Hal contacted Justin Taylan of Pacific Wrecks and Justin replied that the wreckage had been misidentified as a Mavis and was really a B-24. Was Justin the photographer? I've known Justin for many years.  He is a skilled researcher, a courageous and ethical gentleman and his website is a treasure trove of information but he is not the photographer of most of the photos.

John Ousterhout

• T4
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 03:59:19 PM »

Thanks for the correction.  I've annotated my post above.
Cheers,
JohnO

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org