Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A prediction  (Read 11145 times)

Tim Collins

• T4
A prediction
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:10:30 AM »

Seeing as it's been quiet around here of late, I'll take this opportunity to offer a prediction.

In the event that Electra debris is found on the next expedition, the crashed and sankers' response will be something to the effect of "yep, crashed at sea, drifted in the current until it hit Nikumaroro then sank." 

*Caveat: I offer no criticism of alternate theories despite what I see as lack of evidence or rationality. I merely suggest the likelihood of a ridiculous response.

Happy fall Saturday Everybody!   

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: A prediction
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 09:14:55 AM »

In the event that Electra debris is found on the next expedition, the crashed and sankers' response will be something to the effect of "yep, crashed at sea, drifted in the current until it hit Nikumaroro then sank." 

The Saipan conspiracy theorists will say that the remains of the aircraft were dumped on Niku to throw the press off the trail.

The anti-TIGHAR conspirators will claim that TIGHAR salted the search site.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

James Champion

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 09:56:59 AM »

That will put the Crash/sank and Saipan groups in the same boat with the Alien Abduction theorist. After the Aliens finished examining the primative earth craft, they dumped it and it ended up at Nikumaroro.   :D

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »

That will put the Crash/sank and Saipan groups in the same boat with the Alien Abduction theorist. After the Aliens finished examining the primative earth craft, they dumped it and it ended up at Nikumaroro.   :D

Right.

Or the US government dumped it when AE became Irene Bolam.

It's a happy ending to pretty much any alternative to the Niku hypothesis. 
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 10:34:21 AM »

Don't forget the Ayatollah and the French!!!!

Chuck Lynch

• T1
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »

Oh, I thought the Japanese captured them, sank the plane, then it drifted to Niku.  ;D

Silly me.   :D

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »

Predictions can be dangerous, of course, but I will be delighted if the wreck is found at Niku and will applaud TIGHAR's success if so. 

No matter how you cut it, this has and always will be an 'odds' game - and the 'odds' of the Electra turning up where TIGHAR's theory suggests by other means than TIGHAR has suggested would be wildly beyond belief, IMO.  I for one would certainly take it as 'Niku arrival' proof - too much co-inky-dink otherwise.

That said, she remains to be found, somewhere. 
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org