Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Wing Flap  (Read 132490 times)

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
Re: Possible Wing Flap
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2013, 02:36:21 PM »

With all due respect, Jeff, the TIGHAR Forum is not the venue in which I choose to "make the case."

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2013, 05:12:36 PM »

Tim Mellon,

Although you have failed to respond to my “simple question – what are your going to do with it?” -  i.e. now that the plane, in your opinion, has been found - perhaps you will respond to the following.

I am sure you realize that you are riding on our collective (past, current and future) Forum and TIGHAR members and sponsors back’s who have supported Niku I thru VI.  Niku VII wouldn’t have happened if a solid foundation for the Niku hypothesis hadn’t been laid down by previous expeditions, artifact analysis, forensic imaging efforts and fact finding research - e.g. the “bones papers”, zipper, compact, bottle shapes, etc.

Frankly, your $1M contribution is a drop in the bucket compared to the multi-$1M’s given to TIGHAR over the years, not to mention the hundreds of thousand man/woman hours spent/donated by many many people, with the single purpose of solving this mystery.

I agree with Jeff Neville’s comment in his recent posting;  “In tone, and with the most respect I can muster for it, your comment above strongly implies to me that you have more confidence in your ability to fight on turf where money can carry you further than publicly-digested assertions in a non-judicial venue might.”

This “tone”, in my opinion, borders on arrogance.  Such arrogance tends to turn normal men and women off in today’s world.  Once turned off most people will tune out the personality espousing such and thereby declaring such a person irrelevant.

Tim, I would sorely hate to see you becoming irrelevant as I do see some value – although it is fading fast – in your continued participation in this endeavor.

In closing, I know TIGHAR, its members and sponsors will crack this nut with or without your participation.  If it turns out your future participation becomes irrelevant I hope a valuable lesson is learned by all.  Only you can turn this eventually around.

Ted Campbell

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »

With all due respect, Jeff, the TIGHAR Forum is not the venue in which I choose to "make the case."

REALLY???  Then what the (expletive deleted) have you been doing here with your annotated screen captures and tortured arguments about how scale doesn't matter?  Why would you not want to make your best case to an educated, interested and informed peer group?  What happened to "Let's agree all around to move forward on a more honest basis."?  Please clarify for us exactly what it is you hope to accomplish by posting on this Forum? 

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2013, 07:57:14 PM »

Ric's original advice:

Mr. Mellon has chosen to remain active on this Forum.  Feel free to ask him questions but, of course, it his prerogative whether to answer.

So, to Ted Campbell, Monty Fowler, Jeff Neville, Ric, et al, baiting me is not a constructive way to carry on a civil discourse, whatever your frustrations.

If you abhor what I have to say, you are able to unilaterally terminate my participation here, and I will bear no ill will towards any of you. It will not change the course of events.

Efforts have been made to reconcile differences and I do not suspect ill will on anyone's part. A calmer approach, IMHO, will be more conducive to success in this vain.

Sincerely,

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:09:49 AM by Tim Mellon »

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2013, 09:22:14 PM »

Tim

I see were this is going u have already made us aware, if we disagree with you then you will sue us I believe in the best interests that under NO circumstances

Should you get access to epac forum 
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Jerry Simmons

• T1
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2013, 10:15:05 PM »

Richie, you may have hit the nail on the head...

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2013, 06:02:46 AM »

*laughs* - I'm not much into fishing, but I do know the difference between bait and facts and the absence thereof.

This is bait:

This is a fact:  

This is what Tim Mellon has shown comparable to either of the above:

Seems pretty straightforward to me, but, then, I only have a bachelor's degree. No baiting or fishing or whatever you want to call it, just a genuine desire to know: What game are you playing?

LTM, who tries to keep things simple,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2013, 07:33:31 AM »

Friends,

Lashing out and mocking are not constructive.  We will continue to keep the discourse civil. No one here has baited Tim - we've only asked him to put up or shut up - and the only ill will I've seen is a lawsuit that seeks to destroy my life's work.  We do not abhor what he has to say, we merely ask for scientifically sound evidence that we should take it seriously.  Tim has declined to disclose the expert analysis behind his opinion, preferring a different venue (presumably a court room) for making his case.  That is his prerogative. 
Tim has expressed a desire to "reconcile differences."  I will take him at his word and make every attempt to find a way to settle the lawsuit, but you all have my pledge that I will in no way compromise the scientific and personal integrity and ethics upon which TIGHAR was founded and by which we live.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2013, 08:33:59 AM »

Thank you, Ric.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Harry Howe, Jr.

• T5
  • Nuclear Physicist(Ret) Pilot(Ret) Scuba(Ret)
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2013, 10:25:41 AM »

Tim, Ric
Hey, now that's what I like to see, two gentemen in gentlemanly dscourse.  A great way to start my Saturday morning.  Let's keep it going as we should and I know that civility will prevail.  Kudos and Hoo Raa s to all
No Worries Mates
LTM   Harry (TIGHAR #3244R)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2013, 04:41:46 PM »

Saw this the other night...and thought you might want to look at the picture in the red! To me its definately something that needs to be looked at?

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2013, 04:43:18 PM »

Does anyone see the image of what appears to be a tire?

Doug Giese

• inactive
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2013, 05:06:41 PM »

Does anyone see the image of what appears to be a tire?

It doesn't look like a tire to me. The diameter:height ratio looks wrong. There also appears to be several objects nearby with a similar texture.
------
Doug

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2013, 01:08:53 PM »

Charlie Chisholm, Welcome Back!

I was dismayed when you told Richie that you were "done".

(I think, though, that you may owe Ric an apology).
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Friend Weller

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2013, 03:00:01 PM »

No, it appears to me to be a very real wing "flap"........a flap over an aircraft wing component!   ;D   (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Ducking and Covering,
Friend
Friend
TIGHAR 3086V

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org