Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonar Target  (Read 216875 times)

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
Re: Sonar Target
« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2013, 04:43:53 AM »

More NC wreckage?

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2013, 05:04:00 AM »

Hi Chris

Not sure but looking closely and going off shadow above it, I cant think of anything on the ship that would be similar in appearance

Richie 
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #242 on: September 07, 2013, 05:16:41 AM »

Its in the wreckage zone though so the odds would be high it being NC stuff.  Damn I need to win the Euro Millions then we could do one more expedition and I'd still have enough left if it proved a failure (inconclusive) to retire a rich and contented man :)

BTW I'd have to do the Euro Millions Lotto in the first place, IMO its just another stealth tax aimed at the poor and hopeful.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2013, 07:31:49 AM »

The AUV made multiple passes over the "wing" target.  Here's another view of the same scene but viewed from the opposite side (note the shadows).  The feature you've labeled "B" has considerable elevation and appears to be box-ish in shape.  It could be a coral boulder or a piece of ship wreckage but I see nothing to suggest that it's an aircraft component.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2013, 05:18:05 AM »

Hi Ric

Thanks for posting the sonar image looks nothing like what I thought now, Has oceanic corrected all the sonar data or just the images were anomaly is.

Thanks
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2013, 11:08:16 AM »

Has oceanic corrected all the sonar data or just the images were anomaly is.

Just that one area.  It would cost several thousand dollars to have them correct all of it.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org