Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why go to WY?  (Read 9887 times)

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
Why go to WY?
« on: August 10, 2013, 08:52:52 AM »

Why go to Wyoming and the TIGHAR legal motions hearing at the end of the month? The sarcastic response is, "Why ask why?" Believe it or not, I have a well though out reason (stop laughing):

I have an investment in TIGHAR that is some 15 years old now. I view Mr. Mellon's lawsuit as a direct and personal attack against me, the organization I have supported all these years, and the people who run TIGHAR. I was raised to stand up for what you believe in, and I stand firmly with TIGHAR, its methods, its business practices and its people. This is my line in the sand. Mellon's lawsuit is seeking to divert TIGHAR from its mission for gains that, quite frankly, escape me.

LTM, who doesn't mind coloring outside the lines,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

richie conroy

• T5
Re: Why go to WY?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »

Hi Monty

The only reason of this lawsuit is to be a thorn in Ric's side Full Stop

Wouldn't surprise me if the lawsuit was dropped day before after people buying plane tickets etc

We know it wont bother him if he loses, What's a million to Tim probably got more than that in his sock draw.

The thing i wonder about is this lawsuit will damage his reputation and people will think twice before approaching him to invest in there projects.

Also given the Pan Am and Noonan connection when the court case is over and IF Tighar go on to find the Electra Pan Am will lose out on allot of good publicity and any artifacts that may have been donated to there museum

Just my tuppence worth

Thanks Richie 
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Karen Hoy

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »

I agree with Monty. I think Tim Mellon was expecting TIGHAR to be intimidated by his lawsuit, but by showing up in Casper we will show him otherwise.

Karen #2610CER  ::)

Don Dollinger

• T3
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 03:54:44 PM »

I think Tim Mellon was expecting TIGHAR to be intimidated by his lawsuit

Some people manipulate the courts to punish others when they don't get their own way and money is no object.  File a lawsuit against them regardless if it has merits or not, it cost the defendant to answer it in lawyers fees, travel expenses, etc, etc,.  If they lose, appeal and appeal and appeal until there are no more avenues for appeal.  Defendant is exonerated, but broke from having to pay all the legal expenses...

Is it effective?  That depends on what your motives are for suing.  Look how many baseless lawsuits are settled out of court.  Sometimes it is cheaper to pay off the litigant than to fight it becasue the legal expenses cost so much...

No matter how ridiculous a suit may be, if you got the money there will always be some lawyer willing to take the case...

LTM,

Don
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:52:21 AM by Ric Gillespie »

Dave Potratz

• T2
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 01:03:09 PM »

Some people manipulate the courts to punish others when they don't get their own way and money is no object. 

The descriptive term that keeps coming to mind is:  bullying.

Some bullies try to use physical abuse; some use verbal or mental abuse; some use money and the Courts:  which is the more despicable?         

. . . just my speculation of course.

Dave Potratz

• T2
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 12:54:13 PM »

Jeff, thanks.  You're correct as usual.  Time to refocus personal energy on the search for Amelia & Fred.   :)

LTM, who would want to know what really happened to her daughter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org