Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1938 Photos Study Group  (Read 185967 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: 1938 Photos Study Group
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2014, 07:53:11 PM »

In the second image I pointed out something which resembles a trail in the bush. When studying these two images next to each other on one of my PCs I noticed that you could draw a straight line between the '???? just beyond the surf line' and the start of the 'trail'.

I think the apparent trail is very interesting and the open area at the end needs to be investigated.  I don't buy an association with the  ??? beyond the surf line. You can draw a straight line between any two points.

Exactly, and that's where the other coincidence occurred. An image John out up a while back...

http://tighar.org/smf/index.php/topic,1222.225.html
This must be the place

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2014, 08:06:38 PM »

Exactly, and that's where the other coincidence occurred. An image John out up a while back...

John's straight line shoreward from his POB (Possible Bevington Object) come ashore at the bush where your yellow arrow starts.  The PIT (Possible Trail Inland) begins several hundred feet up the beach to the north.  I think we can say that the PIT is on the shore roughly opposite the area where the Bevington Object appears in the 19037 photo.  That's enough to make it interesting.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2014, 11:49:23 AM »

Not to be too scientifically picky here, but:

Isn't "possible bevington object" referred to as "PBO" instead of "POB"?

And isn't "possible trail inland" referred to as "PTI" instead of "PIT"?

Might also be the "1937" photo....
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »

Not to be too scientifically picky here, but:

Isn't "possible bevington object" referred to as "PBO" instead of "POB"?

And isn't "possible trail inland" referred to as "PTI" instead of "PIT"?

Might also be the "1937" photo....

Corrections noted. Gotta slow down.

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2014, 05:04:56 PM »

I have numbered the shrubs on the two images so that you can see that the PTI is indeed just off of the point where John noted that the PBO might be in the surf line and where I circled ? in red. If you make allowances for the differing camera angles in the two images (note that they are two different images of the same area taken at different times) then the PCZ, possible camp zero, might be indicated here.
This must be the place

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2014, 05:35:04 PM »

There's a clearing at the end of the trail.  There's a white object in the clearing.  I agree. We really need to to go to that spot and see if there's anything  there.

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2014, 05:56:27 PM »

There's a clearing at the end of the trail.  There's a white object in the clearing.  I agree. We really need to to go to that spot and see if there's anything  there.

Unfortunately Ric that area is in the over-wash area? Still, it's something to look into. I will check some later images to see if the shrubbery/topography is still useful as a guide to finding the exact spot.
This must be the place

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2014, 09:28:27 AM »

Unfortunately Ric that area is in the over-wash area?

No.  John's red line goes way too far inland.  The little clearing at the end of the trail is much closer to the beach and just at the edge of the Buka forest.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2014, 05:16:01 PM »

Hi All

I brought this up a while back on epac site

After looking further into this anomaly i believe it needs investigating more by experienced persons due to similar characteristics

Anyone else see the likeness

Thanks Richie

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org