Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: 1938 Photos Study Group  (Read 185988 times)

Kevin Weeks

• T3
Re: 1938 Photos Study Group
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 02:34:53 PM »

While I accept this logic, Tim, I don't think the approach is particularly helpful to the TIGHAR cause.

if you really wanted to be "helpful to the cause" I think you have a pretty good idea what you could do and it would not involve looking at anymore pictures

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 04:58:08 PM »

*idly wonders if it'd look excessively silly to wear a formal blue blazer over his Pacific blue TIGHAR T-shirt while in a certain federal building out West"

LTM, who's never accused of being in style,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »

Monty,
You can stand next to me in my teeshirt:

T   Ted
I    inherently
G  grieves
H  harassment
A  at (the)
R  ridiculousness

We might stand out amoung the crowd.

Ted Campbell

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »

Dress code for Casper - TIGHAR blue!

LTM,
Monty Fowler
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Ted G Campbell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2013, 06:27:37 PM »

Monty,

OK, a blue teeshirt with pastel blue lettering.
Ted

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 07:04:46 PM »

I really hope I misread / over-read your intent - we agreed that the high road was a better place to walk and I still have that hope for you.

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

Jeff, the choice was made on January 12, 2013.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:09:14 PM by Tim Mellon »

Charlie Chisholm

• T2
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2013, 08:25:26 PM »

Isn't that the date any threads speculating about underwater shapes were shut down?

Jeff Buttke

• T1
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2013, 10:13:27 PM »

Hey Richie, if you are out there I believe Tim just confirmed your theroy via Robert Frost.

Hi All

This Quote from Tim Mellon is exactly what the lawsuit is about

"Can't, Matt: I fully respect Ric's prohibition since 12 January 2013 against any further discussion of underwater images"

12 January 2013

I Believe this was the date that 2 different things happened.

A. Ric had had enough of Tim's claim's of seeing violins, toilet rolls, skeletons etc in 2010 Rov video, And called time due to it damaging Tighar's image and good work.

B. Tim on the other hand believed he was getting close to what he believed to be the truth, And by Ric banning images being posted confirmed this.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2013, 05:22:11 AM »

Ric, as a paid-up Research member, I would appreciate receiving the NZ photos. If you would like me in the Study Group, I will offer to help.

We'll send you an invitation to the TIGHAR Flickr account so that you can view the hi-res jpegs.  Thanks but no thanks on the Study Group.

Ric,

I have no problem not being part of the Study Group, but as I have met all the eneumerated criteria, I insist that you forward to me the same highest resolution photos available only to the Study Group (TIFF or whatever).

Tim:  I have consulted with my legal team and have decided that TIGHAR cannot grant you access to any further research material at this time.  To be frank, there are TIGHARs who want to see your membership revoked altogether in light of what is viewed (and will ultimately be proven) to be completely frivolous litigation.  Some fear that a disagreement with you will drag them into the current or even subsequent litigation.  Some want you banned from the Forum.  I obviously haven’t gone to that length yet in light of your past contribution to TIGHAR.  Still, given you’re demonstrated willingness to resort to litigation against those who don’t share your views, I have little choice but to consider the ramifications of your involvement in further research and I cannot expose any of our membership to that risk.  As for your future as a TIGHAR member and continued Forum access, at some point, the TIGHAR Board of Directors will consider the issue and their determination rests almost entirely with you and how long you want to distract TIGHAR’s efforts and research with a meritless lawsuit that you cannot win.  Simply put, you need to decide what is most important to you:  Continuing this silly lawsuit or putting it behind us and joining our ongoing research effort.

Kevin Weeks

• T3
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2013, 06:19:32 AM »

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

yes, i believe it was also frost who said: "A successful lawsuit is the one worn by a policeman"

manjeet aujla

• T1
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2013, 11:26:23 AM »

Poets do not always represent the best, practical advice...

"Bur granting that some did say in all seriousness that the poets lie too much: he was right- we do lie too much.
We also know too little and are bad learners: so we have to lie.
And which of us poets has not adulterated his wine? Many a poisonous mishmash has been produced in our cellar,
many an indescribable thing has been done there.
Ah, how weary I am of the poets."
Nietzsche, Zarathustra, Second Part, Ch 17. 

But I still like the poet who said something about extending olive branches, from both sides, so that middle meeting grounds can be found.

Charlie Chisholm

• T2
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2013, 12:09:37 PM »

Tim -

Come back from the dark side - it's not too late.

You are suing your friends...

Joshua Doremire

• T1
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »

Tim,
I am sure a lot of us want to think of you as an elite donor rather than part of the problem.

You could send a plan to the museum and follow up by sending your own experts to obtain a copy of the images. As you have indicated via a lawsuit you don't believe TIGHAR the best outfit for doing this. "Discovery" would be making sure an outfit you are in doubt of got what was needed by doing it yourself.

You should also consider that slowing down TIGHAR is going to make it take years longer to find a part of the aircraft that can be recovered to prove to the world what really happened. I am grateful for every sunrise and know people in ill health that are also grateful for every additional sunrise they get to see. What they do with the extra sunrises is up to them, but, they sure enjoy every single one knowing our time is limited. It is the simple things like driving them home from the hospital and they have their hand in the breeze enjoying another day. In no way do I wish to rub in the reminder you got about our limited time on earth. I am just exposed to enough of it first hand recently that I think everyone should think about it instead of taking life for granted so much.   

You have the ability to fund a complete expedition, fund better equipment, a better boat, and more time to try and find a part of the aircraft for recovery and proof. Perhaps you have resources (people and equipment) that can be put to tax deductible use at PanAm Systems that you are the Chairman of. If you 100% fund an entire expedition I don't see how anyone would object if you and your expert hand picked staff were in charge of and ran it. Could also be another future profitable division of the company dedicated to underwater search and recovery.

The 2012 expedition is leading the way to what new known problems have to be solved esp. with the underwater terrain. 

You could also start your own website and forum. *Groan* I can hear some poor sap in your IT department getting this assignment already.  ::)

You can watch from the sidelines.

It is a free country and you can do as you wish. You already have your name known as a elite donor aka "part of the solution". The lawsuit makes you "part of the problem". How do you want to finish this chapter for others to read? I just happen to be reading an unfinished and entertaining book.       
TIGHAR # 4274R

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »

Jeff Neville, you have a fabulouse way with words!  Love your posts. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Wayne Cordes

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »

Ric,

I'd like to be a part of the study group. I have the necessary hardware as listed.

-Wayne C.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org