Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Index for TIGHAR videos  (Read 53673 times)

richie conroy

• T5
Re: Index for TIGHAR videos
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »

Hi All

No doubt most of you have seen this, But for those like me who hadn't, i found it very interesting an thought i would add it to list

http://www.fasteagle.com/videoplayer.php?q=bFVvtAJxr4U

Thanks Richie 
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 04:49:37 PM »

after watching video scroll down and click on Jeff Quitney which is highlighted.

He has some good video's available
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Ross Devitt

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 04:28:38 PM »

Here is a fun one.
Richie opens and drinks two coconuts in 36 seconds
I had to laugh at that.  TIGHAR members might remember me doing an experiment opening a couple of green coconuts on a deserted island using only a rock.  Took a lot longer than 18 seconds each ROFL.
But it was possible and the watch shows that is was not a ridiculous time.  I still have the photos somewhere, but I think it was about 10 minutes a nut. 

Now, I had never opened a nut without some sort of tool before, and I assume Fred and Amelia might have been in the same situation.  I stayed at this island for a week or so and while I was there I drank only coconut water for most of the stay, from nuts I gathered.  Not easy in a place where nuts are not native.  But it proved a point.  No dysentery, despite all the horror stories predicting tummy upsets, and no excessive thirst in 34 degrees C.

Doug Giese

• inactive
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 06:00:18 PM »

Here is a fun one. Richie opens and drinks two coconuts in 36 seconds
I had to laugh at that.  TIGHAR members might remember me doing an experiment opening a couple of green coconuts on a deserted island using only a rock.  Took a lot longer than 18 seconds each ROFL. 

Here's a video showing how to open a cocoanut with a sharp stick stuck in the ground. Fred Noonan could have seen such a technique from his travels throughout the Pacific.
------
Doug

John Ousterhout

• T4
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 08:30:10 AM »

Lockheed Aircraft Company...."In the beginning!"
« on: June 14, 2014, 05:45:10 PM »

Hey guys...Hope your having a wonderful weekend!!!! I ran across this video clip tonight of the process of airplane manufacturing at Lockheed Martin back in 1940. As I watching this...it is definately very informative and may answer some questions in regards to Amelia's Lockheed Electra 10-E. I personally didn't realize how much work went into assembling a plane of its size. With this video, I'm wondering if the parts and pieces we have as artifacts...may in fact had been formed parts. Anyway, like I said...you will find it very interesting as you step back into time!

http://youtu.be/9vhqoEkABco

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:51:23 PM by Randy Conrad »
Cheers,
JohnO

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

pilotart

• T3
Re: Interviews with Ric Gillespie
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 06:56:38 PM »

Another radio interview with Ric Gillespie, conducted on August 4, 2014
A podcast of the above interview is here:

http://witf.vo.llnwd.net/o35/smarttalk/radiosmarttalk/RST_August042014.mp3

Move its slider to 0:33 minutes for where Rick's interview starts.
Art Johnson

Jim Kirkendall

• T1
Re: Interviews with Tom King
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 07:57:07 AM »

(I'll start, by copying and pasting verbatim from threads I find.  To save space I'll leave-out the attributions, unless someone thinks that's important.)
Below are a series of links from The Interview with Tom King thread:

Tom King was on:
Indiana Jones..... Myth's, Realities and 21st Century Archaeology

January 11, 2012
Hosted by Dr. Joseph Schuldenrein
Tom is on for the whole hour, and discusses how he got involved, the navigational logic, post-loss radio messages, the search for Amelia, finding the bones, searching in Fiji, and TIGHAR's hopes for the Symposium in 2012 and the potential for a deep water search after that.
Fairfax, Virginia's Public Access Television (Channel 10) has posted online the 3rd installment of their series of interviews with Dr. Thomas King. here.  Lee Shephard and Chuck Langdon discuss the ongoing search and explore the archaeological work.  This segment was recorded in July, 2012 and lasts 28 minutes.

Jim Kirkendall
Fort Worth TX

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 11:56:00 AM »

This article is asking for help in verifying the location of an old film of Amelia
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/is-that-a-video-of-amelia-earhart-in-le-roy/478804337
3971R

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org