Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51   Go Down

Author Topic: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund  (Read 705559 times)

David Alan

• T1
Re: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund
« Reply #690 on: July 25, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #691 on: July 25, 2014, 10:15:50 PM »

Attached is the court's ruling granting our motions for summary judgement.  It speaks for itself.  Let's let it end here.  We have allowed Tim to continue to post on this Forum throughout the year-and-a-month course of his lawsuit.  There have been moments of rancor, some of them by me despite my best intentions, but I think in general we have all maintained a civilized tone.

Tim has the legal right to appeal this ruling.  We sincerely hope he won't.  We offer to continue to welcome him here as a valued TIGHAR member and invite him to post his opinions, the findings of his experts, whatever screen captures he finds instructive, and anything else he has to contribute.  The search continues.  If I've learned anything in 26 years of testing the TIGHAR hypothesis it's that smoking guns are in the eye of the beholder.  Surely we can all benefit from each others' interpretations of the evidence.

So let's not have any victory dances.  Let's bury the hatchet, welcome Tim back as a valued TIGHAR researcher, and get back to work.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #692 on: July 25, 2014, 10:46:10 PM »

*sound of a hatchet being inserted firmly into the beach on Niku and coral rubble being heaped thereon*

On to Niku VIII!

LTM, who thinks rummaging in dusty old files can be fun,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 ECSP
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:20:36 AM by Monty Fowler »

Bruce Thomas

• Administrator
  • Now where did I put my glasses?
« Reply #693 on: July 26, 2014, 01:23:57 AM »

Attached is the court's ruling granting our motions for summary judgement.  It speaks for itself. 

Ric, the posted document is missing its final page, page 18.
LTM,

Bruce
TIGHAR #3123R

Tim Gard

• T3
« Reply #694 on: July 26, 2014, 03:37:36 AM »

I see a ducky and a horsie.

Bruce,

I remember this from decades ago and have quoted it often since.
Now with your help I have been able to locate same.

Many thanks!
/ Member #4122 /
/Hold the Heading/

James G. Stoveken

• T2
« Reply #695 on: July 26, 2014, 06:20:38 AM »

Congratulations Ric.

So let's not have any victory dances.  Let's bury the hatchet, welcome Tim back as a valued TIGHAR researcher, and get back to work.

You have been and continue to be a much bigger man than I could be.  I salute you Sir!
Jim Stoveken

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #696 on: July 26, 2014, 06:53:49 AM »

Glad to see this.  These things of course bring all kinds of feelings on and as Ric noted, sometimes the rancorous worst in us despite better intent.

I hope Tim will accept this and not appeal and I wish him nothing but the best.  That includes remembering the good he did in 2012 and always appreciating that, and respecting that he has his own views in this quest.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #697 on: July 26, 2014, 07:25:48 AM »

The smoking gun.

Fascinating.

But -

Why is an object that is clearly aluminum (silver) on the Electra appearing as brownish / rust (like ferrous metal in salt water)?

Jeff, your assumptions may be getting ahead of you. Why do you assume the window track is made of aluminum rather, say, than of stainless steel? Do you have chemistry and metallurgy as expertises?

Actually, yes. Forty years of aircraft sheet metal repair, construction and design by training and experience, including the behavior of various materials as they react in galvanic environments.

All the best to you, Tim.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #698 on: July 26, 2014, 06:16:20 PM »

The smoking gun.

Fascinating.

But -

Why is an object that is clearly aluminum (silver) on the Electra appearing as brownish / rust (like ferrous metal in salt water)?

Jeff, your assumptions may be getting ahead of you. Why do you assume the window track is made of aluminum rather, say, than of stainless steel? Do you have chemistry and metallurgy as expertises?

Actually, yes. Forty years of aircraft sheet metal repair, construction and design by training and experience, including the behavior of various materials as they react in galvanic environments.

All the best to you, Tim.

Would that be PhD Jeff?

For instance, this TIGHAR analysis talks about "rusty brown" coloration of aluminum.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:21:18 AM by Tim Mellon »

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #699 on: July 28, 2014, 01:49:56 PM »

Yay! Now on with the research and investigation! 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Nate Pickering

• T1
« Reply #700 on: July 28, 2014, 07:00:28 PM »

As an American taxpayer, I'd just like to say how thrilled I am that I got to pay for this whole ridiculous exercise. Surely there were no more pressing issues to which our federal courts needed to attend over the course of the past year.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #701 on: July 28, 2014, 07:26:20 PM »

As an American taxpayer, I'd just like to say how thrilled I am that I got to pay for this whole ridiculous exercise. Surely there were no more pressing issues to which our federal courts needed to attend over the course of the past year.

Nate Picayune, don't count your chickens before they hatch. There is the remote possibility of an appeal.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Nate Pickering

• T1
« Reply #702 on: July 28, 2014, 07:30:53 PM »

Nate Picayune,

I'll go ahead and file this under "civil discourse."

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #703 on: July 28, 2014, 07:47:29 PM »

Thanks a lot Nate. That's a big help.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:49:03 PM by Ric Gillespie »

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #704 on: July 29, 2014, 12:24:27 PM »

In the words of the movie "Frozen"......LET IT GO! 
Let's move on. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org