Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51   Go Down

Author Topic: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund  (Read 705548 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
Re: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund
« Reply #420 on: September 27, 2013, 10:55:11 PM »

It looks to be from something that was constructed using methods/materials to save weight.
IMHO, aircraft, TBC.

Can u advance on this assumption please i.e what in the video provides this evidence ?

Not really Richie as there is to be no more postings regarding the 2010 footage. The thesis I posted earlier on the Sikorsky S-38 aircraft after 60 years+ submerged in seawater and its subsequent recovery and restoration gives you some idea of what to look out for. It's not my thesis by the way  :-\ CORROSION OF ALUMINUM ALLOY 2024 BELONGING TO THE
1930s IN SEAWATER ENVIRONMENT, A Thesis by KEDAR GUJARATHI

"Wreckage of ‘Carnauba’, a 1930s vintage Sikorsky S-38 aircraft, a beloved icon
of SC Johnson's early history, was found on July 5, 2000, in seawater off of an
Indonesian island of West Irian Jaya"

I just posted it to show what to expect and, it is very thorough but hard work to read and absorb it all, very useful material though.
The photographs of parts of the wreckage are really excellent, take a look.

http://repository.tamu.edu/bitstream/handle/1969.1/ETD-TAMU-3002/GUJARATHI-THESIS.pdf

In the 2012 video footage of the wreckage from the Norwich City it was clearly seen that ship wreckage was still recognisable as such even after 80 odd years underwater, no mistaking that lump of steel and iron for anything else but ship wreckage. Where as the wreckage of the 1930's Sikorsky photographed in the thesis...well, judge for yourself but, it's hard to believe that it is actually parts from the 1930's Sikorsky S-38. So, if the smoking gun proof needed is a recognisable part with serial numbers and the like then images, photos and videos aren't going to provide it, they can only provide clues as to where to look.
IMHO of course
This must be the place

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:18:41 PM by Jeff Victor Hayden »

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #421 on: September 27, 2013, 11:03:14 PM »

They are all opinions I'm afraid Greg, nothing has been proven in any video or image. Until something is actually brought to the surface that's the way it will stay.  :'(
Again, IMHO.
This must be the place

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #422 on: September 28, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »

I offered to show Ric everything I could see. The offer has gone unanswered.

Care to tell the folks the rest of your offer?

Ric

Brad Mackey

• T1
« Reply #423 on: September 29, 2013, 12:02:21 AM »

Since this seems to be such an open and free discussion about what has taken place then it's only fair that we know what other "offers" are on the table Mr. Mellon.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #424 on: September 29, 2013, 12:50:51 AM »

Mr. Mackey, there are no offers on the table at this time.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Glenn McInnes

• T1
« Reply #425 on: September 29, 2013, 03:45:11 AM »

My guess- Mr Mellon wants exclusive rights to conduct his own search,but needs TIGHAR's approval to do so as they have the permission from that Countries Government to do so.

But maybe I am "all wet".

Glenn

Brad Mackey

• T1
« Reply #426 on: September 29, 2013, 10:41:01 AM »

Chris,  yes, you are correct sir.  I take people at face value and if Mr. Mellon says that there are no offers on the table then I believe him.  I believe offers have been de-tabled.  According to Mr. Gillespie there was an offer.  Mr. Mellon, do you care to let us know what this offer was?  If Ric Gillespie is lying then will you say as much?   

Scott C. Mitchell

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #427 on: September 29, 2013, 02:56:32 PM »

Let's not poke the bears.

Scott Mitchell
TIGHAR #3292

Brad Mackey

• T1
« Reply #428 on: September 29, 2013, 10:38:46 PM »

Let's not poke the bears.

Scott Mitchell
TIGHAR #3292

I don't like beating around the bush.

My guess- Mr Mellon wants exclusive rights to conduct his own search,but needs TIGHAR's approval to do so as they have the permission from that Countries Government to do so.

But maybe I am "all wet".

Glenn

Neither am I into conjecture.  That's why I never joined the discussion about all the coral shapes. It all looked and still looks like coral to me.

Chris Austin

• T2
« Reply #429 on: September 30, 2013, 08:58:21 AM »

"Diddle-ding-dong-ding-dong-ding-dong-ding."

Name that tune.   

Chuck Lynch

• T1
« Reply #430 on: September 30, 2013, 09:42:12 AM »

Don Dollinger

• T3
« Reply #431 on: September 30, 2013, 11:43:42 AM »

Ric can correct me if I am wrong.  TIGHAR does not have the authority to give anyone approval to do anything at Niku.  Kiribati is the only one with that authority. 

LTM,

Don   

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #432 on: September 30, 2013, 11:55:13 AM »

TIGHAR does not have the authority to give anyone approval to do anything at Niku.  Kiribati is the only one with that authority. 

I am not privy to the details of TIGHAR's relationship with Kiribati.

If TIGHAR has exclusive rights for exploring Niku for the remains of our heroes, than TIGHAR might be able to cede that right to another or, at least, give up that right, making room for someone else to go exploring.
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #433 on: September 30, 2013, 12:17:44 PM »

Ric can correct me if I am wrong.  TIGHAR does not have the authority to give anyone approval to do anything at Niku.  Kiribati is the only one with that authority. 

Here's how it works.  Anyone who wants to do anything Earhart-related within the national borders of Kiribati must come to TIGHAR first and tell us what they want to do and how they plan to do it.  We then make our recommendation to Kiribati as to whether the request should be approved, modified or denied - but the final decision is, of course, up to Kiribati.

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #434 on: September 30, 2013, 12:22:23 PM »

TIGHAR does not have the authority to give anyone approval to do anything at Niku.  Kiribati is the only one with that authority. 

I am not privy to the details of TIGHAR's relationship with Kiribati.

If TIGHAR has exclusive rights for exploring Niku for the remains of our heroes, than TIGHAR might be able to cede that right to another or, at least, give up that right, making room for someone else to go exploring.

I suspect that if and when TIGHAR stops searching, that will be the end of that. TIGHAR has a well established and, I can imagine, a mutually respected relationship with Kiribati in this matter and I just don't see it being recreated with another entity (unless a governmental entity perhaps?). Either way, once TIGHAR is out of the picture, by circumstance or design, it's up to the Kiribati, and I can't imagine a solution to AE's disappearance is very high on their list of priorities.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 51   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org