Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 51   Go Down

Author Topic: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund  (Read 705397 times)

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
Re: TIGHAR Legal Defense Fund
« Reply #300 on: August 30, 2013, 03:12:42 AM »

Speculation alert...

Whatever the judge decides will be precedent setting. If he doesn't dismiss or something near it, the way would be paved for disgruntled donors everywhere to file a lawsuit just because.

Lisa

Whoa ... I don't think anyone has picked up on that. Very, very interesting. Can you envision itty-bitty non-profits, like TIGHAR, having to make everyone who donates fill out a "I promise to never, ever, sue you" document before they can accept the money? If you took the extreme approach, that could apply to a donation as small as 1 CENT (anything can be be basis of a lawsuit, as we have seen here). The paperwork burden would be enormous, the reporting and record-keeping requirements positively gagging. I wonder if there is a way to get this thought to the judge?

LTM, who tries not to judge,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER

Hardly precedent setting, Ms. Grinnell. Here are some useful guidelines.

And Monty, please take care not to get caught with your fingers in the ex parte cookie jar.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:37:10 AM by Tim Mellon »

Tim Collins

• T4
« Reply #301 on: August 30, 2013, 06:50:36 AM »

Point of inquiry: what do the forum guidelines say about veiled threats?

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #302 on: August 30, 2013, 08:26:04 AM »

Point of inquiry: what do the forum guidelines say about veiled threats?

Marty prepared an excellent outline for civil discourse.  It is worth the review.

At the very least 'veiled threats' should clearly not be tolerated - that is not a civil means of discourse.  If one has a direct criticism at the individual level one should use a PM.  This writer also hopes that we'd all avoid such threatening tones, but if one cannot help one's self, then one should perhaps consider private means of conveyance.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

Jerry Simmons

• T1
« Reply #303 on: August 30, 2013, 12:28:19 PM »

I have now ruminated all I care to - what's left for me is to decide whether I am living or dead - then I can take the next steps to deciding if I should take offense.

Jerry Simmons

• T1
« Reply #304 on: August 30, 2013, 12:43:52 PM »

I am honored to be in a group of such importance; plus with someone who obviously has such a high standard of humor.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #305 on: August 30, 2013, 07:44:23 PM »

Hi Tim

I have added a snapshot of a comment you made in november 2012 stating that everyone was unaware of debris field until John Balderston post Aug 22nd 2012

Your words not mine

So, If debris field was discovered in august 2012 How the hell did Tighar be dishonest in it's theory of no plane being found ?
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #306 on: August 30, 2013, 10:34:54 PM »

Hi Jeff

As usual your critical analyse shines through, If Tighar knew about the supposed wreck site why was it not target 1 in 2012 search ? Because in-spite of my and Jeff Hayden's insistence there was wreckage in the 2010 video, Ric on the other hand dismissed it out of hand and rightly so in my opinion, I have recently learned a hard lesson being a member of the volunteer group.

Jpeg images are like Google predictive text, It fills pixels with what it believes should be there, However in reality those pixels are corrupt and should be disregarded 

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #307 on: August 30, 2013, 10:55:37 PM »

I always used TIFF files Richie but, you can't upload them to the forum. The size of the files was very restrictive as well but, you can do more with TIFF file imaging software. Converting to JPEG was the only alternative. I'm still content with the 2010 video footage though, time will  tell, there's no rush.
 I'm currently working on a couple of new angles to old problems from the 281 message and the 2010/2012 footage, interesting to say the least.
This must be the place

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
« Reply #308 on: August 30, 2013, 11:41:42 PM »

Hi Tim

I have added a snapshot of a comment you made in november 2012 stating that everyone was unaware of debris field until John Balderston post Aug 22nd 2012

Your words not mine

So, If debris field was discovered in august 2012 How the hell did Tighar be dishonest in it's theory of no plane being found ?

Actually, Richie, I have been led to believe that John Balderston originally posted his findings prior to the Niku VII expedition, but was prevailed upon by "the authorities" to remove his post so as not to embarass Ric at a time of maximum PR coverage. I was unaware of this until January, 2013, so my comment of last November was made with incomplete data.

I also had not read the long thread alluded to in my post wherin you, Jeff Victor Hayden, and others spotted many man-made objects in the 2010 video as early as January, 2012, but were too timid to press your case when confronted by Ric's assertion that the squigglie was too small to be anything but a piece of insulation.

Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #309 on: August 31, 2013, 12:18:06 AM »

Hi Tim

Just checking weather you were up to date with posts, And wondering why you hadn't responded to Ric's question:

« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2013, 08:56:34 AM »
ReplyQuote
Tim,

Let's make this simple. If I re-open the thread and promise to leave it open, will you drop your lawsuit?

Thanks for reply

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #310 on: August 31, 2013, 12:29:57 AM »

Tim

'I'm still content with the 2010 video footage though, time will tell, there's no rush.'

Whatever it is, it isn't going anywhere fast. It will still be there in a years time, two years or however long it takes. Of course, the most obvious point above all else is until something is actually lifted up from the depths this debate will rumble on Ad infinitum.

This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #311 on: August 31, 2013, 12:33:43 AM »

Hi Chris

If you seen my wife's scrambled eggs you would retract that comment  :o

Basically her thought process is scrambled don't taste any different to fried so why bother

:)

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #312 on: August 31, 2013, 12:42:24 AM »

You haven't been married that long Richie. I wouldn't let the other half see that comment Richie you're still not out of the '24 month guaranteed replacement if not happy' period  ;)
This must be the place

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #313 on: August 31, 2013, 12:49:55 AM »

To be honest Jeff

My thought process is, Ric and maybe Tom King and co will go to Niku next year and bring back with them something we can touch and feel drool over even etc.

If that is not the case, Tim will have to wait until Tighar do go back and see what my sonar Anomaly is, An the longer he drags this un-called for Court case out, The longer it will be before any of us get to see the pot at the end of the rainbow.

Richie

I hate when people steal my Lime Light   

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #314 on: August 31, 2013, 01:06:11 AM »

I have great faith in both Tighar and your sonar anomaly Richie. It is a logical step to get back there and check quite a few things and, hopefully pick something up that isn't 'coral'. Once that is achieved and, the result is found to be positive, then the real work begins.
Yes, it's a tragedy we all find ourselves in the current situation and, I still hold out for a sensible compromise but, it shouldn't deter the continued efforts being made by everyone here.
I'm all for offering options which will halt the current situation from continuing. I like the offer Ric made but, do not want the 2010 ROV to continue to focus on 'aircraft wreckage' rather, it would be more useful if it was studied from a marine biology point of view instead. Sometimes a different approach to the same problem can bring a clearer understanding of things.

This must be the place

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 51   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org