Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1000+  (Read 20840 times)

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
1000+
« on: June 14, 2013, 07:54:05 AM »

Congratulations to Tighar on reaching an important milestone of over 1000 members. A growing organisation is a sure sign of good management, well done Ric and co'.
This must be the place

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: 1000+
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 08:16:20 AM »

Thanks Jeff.  Forum membership has skyrocketed in the past two weeks due largely to curiosity about what Mr. Mellon says he sees in the 2010 video.  They come for entertainment, but once they have a chance to see the other topics and the quality of discussion and research that happen here they stay to become valued members of our community. 
The TIGHAR Facebook page recently topped 5,000 "LIKES" and we're also seeing a spike in new TIGHAR membership and upgrading of current memberships.

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 09:45:26 AM »

I think the "likes" and especially the "shares" on FB have made a big difference.
We all on FB need to keep that up and spread the word.  One share leads to another group...to another group...etc. 
Let's keep those shares up.   
TIGHAR Member #4154

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 10:59:28 AM »

FB is definitely the way to spread the word Dan. Most people have at lest 100 friends on FB and it's easy to share a link to Tighar on FB. Let's see if we can beat 2012s new members total this year. :)
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 11:25:27 AM »

In fact it might be a good idea to use this thread to design a short paragraph, including a link to the Tighar homepage, which can all copy and paste to share with our friends on Facebook. If we all do that and, just one of our friends takes up the offer of joining then we have another 1000 members, just like that. Total cost of idea=$o, total possible revenue=$?+++.
This must be the place

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 11:45:07 AM »

Next step Twitter? Not everyone's cup of tea but an excellent source of sound bites,  re tweets are a powerful tool and the #tag is not to be scoffed at.  I'd be up for assisting with that angle if necessary :)

I really need to open that can of worms.  Any help would be appreciated.

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 12:02:53 PM »

I'll put something together for you and message you next week.

Thanks.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 12:12:48 PM »

Can All Member's follow this guy. https://twitter.com/TIGHARnews

Ric

Put your Twitter Link on all your correspondence or on main page here

And Like You do here, When your releasing a research bulletin for instance just copy an paste link into "Compose new tweet Box" and post

Add please Retweet at bottom

We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Dan Swift

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 01:20:38 PM »

And you can link your Twitter with FB...my Son does it.  He posts on Twitter and it shows up on FB as well. 
TIGHAR Member #4154

Charlie Chisholm

• T2
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »

Can All Member's follow this guy. https://twitter.com/TIGHARnews

I just became follower #48...

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 02:05:50 PM »

Last Tweet 2010!

Yeah, well ......I got busy. :-\

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 02:15:29 PM »

I agree Chris i went on Tighar's twitter when sonar bulletin came out to see what people had commented, Nothing was the Answer  :o

Maybe you should get someone you trust Ric in the Tighar circle to run the Twitter account for you, maybe someone who has retired an wanting to help doing admin stuff like Martin does for the forum

Just a thought

Thanks Richie

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 02:34:03 PM »

Now 51 following

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 04:31:54 PM »

How's this for a short paragraph, with link,  introducing the Earhart mystery to your friends on Facebook and inviting them to join. Please, if you can improve on this then go ahead, it needs to be as good as we can get it so all input/improvements will be appreciated...Chris, you can add me on Facebook ::)

"Few stories have the power to captivate us more than those that remain unresolved. Seventy-five years after her mysterious disappearance, the search for Amelia Earhart's airplane continues. The International Group for Historic Aircraft Recovery (TIGHAR) believe they can find what others couldn't. This is an invitation to join in and help solve this mystery.
(link to Tighar homepage)"

I'm sure there is room for improvement  :-[
This must be the place

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 04:45:32 PM »

Thanks Jeff.  Forum membership has skyrocketed in the past two weeks due largely to curiosity about what Mr. Mellon says he sees in the 2010 video.  They come for entertainment, but once they have a chance to see the other topics and the quality of discussion and research that happen here they stay to become valued members of our community. 
The TIGHAR Facebook page recently topped 5,000 "LIKES" and we're also seeing a spike in new TIGHAR membership and upgrading of current memberships.

It's the sonar anomaly Ric. The number of pieces in this puzzle are gradually stacking up in favour of the theory.IMHO
This must be the place

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org