Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Over the Edge!!!  (Read 6720 times)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
Over the Edge!!!
« on: June 01, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »

First of all!!! Congratulations to Ric and Richie...on the recent CBS Morning News video. Totally Awesome!!!! Over the course of the past several days been tryin to figure out in conjunction with your anomaly pic Richie, how this thing went over the edge! Many of us are in agreement that she indeed got washed out from high tide and went over the edge...But at what cost? Was the Electra all intact when it went over the edge or were her outer components broken off from a violent roll from crashing waves. I myself find it very hard that she just went in all in one piece. But, then again with the video taken back in last summer's expedition, I'm beginning to wonder!!! With the Bevington photo, can imagine the plane rolling and breaking off the landing gear, and possibly both wings, and then sliding in as the fuselage filled up with water. Thus causing it to go down very fast like the Titanic did back in 1912. My biggest question in regards to this is directed to you Ric...In conjunction with the anomaly pic...how wide do you think this shelf is? If the Electra was to have all her outer parts broken off from a violent crashing roll, and the fuselage filled up with water and rolled over the edge....how much space would there be to hold this thing on the shelf?

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Re: Over the Edge!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 01:31:58 PM »

My biggest question in regards to this is directed to you Ric...In conjunction with the anomaly pic...how wide do you think this shelf is? If the Electra was to have all her outer parts broken off from a violent crashing roll, and the fuselage filled up with water and rolled over the edge....how much space would there be to hold this thing on the shelf?

It's not so much a shelf as a moderation in the reef slope. It varies in width but I estimate that there is generally at least 30 meters of shallower slope at the base of the cliff before it drops off steeply again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org