Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonar Target  (Read 218026 times)

richie conroy

• T5
Re: Sonar Target
« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »

Hi Jeff

You would think with the technology of today there would be software available that could convert a sonar image into an actual image, so u know what your looking at  :)
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Jeff Victor Hayden

• T5
« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2013, 05:18:55 PM »

Hi Jeff

You would think with the technology of today there would be software available that could convert a sonar image into an actual image, so u know what your looking at  :)

I once heard a Royal navy engineering technician compare sonar to a tracker dog. 'Both can find the target but, barking and sonar returns are damned hard to interpret'.
Typical navy humour ::)
This must be the place

Tim Sharpe

• T1
« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2013, 05:37:46 PM »

Hi Jeff

You would think with the technology of today there would be software available that would have found the "sonar target" immediately after Niku VII was finished. ;)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2013, 05:47:45 PM »

Looked at the image closely this afternoon...what's your take on this Richie or Ric?  Look within the black lines..and see two different things. The one on the left appears to be in three dimensional...and the other one has lines going straight across.  Let me know what you guys think...thanks!~~~~

Charlie Chisholm

• T2
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2013, 12:44:55 AM »

Looked at the image closely this afternoon...what's your take on this Richie or Ric?  Look within the black lines..and see two different things. The one on the left appears to be in three dimensional...and the other one has lines going straight across.  Let me know what you guys think...thanks!~~~~

What image is your slice taken from? I can't see anything that matches your image.

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2013, 07:02:52 AM »

I think that's one reason that this is still regarded as an Art, as opposed to a Science. Humans still gotta' process it with their less-than-perfect internal data management mechanisms.

LTM, who prefers natural as opposed to processed,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Bill de Creeft

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2013, 10:05:22 AM »

Hi Bruce
If you are asking if I personally believe the discoveries and conclusions by TIGHAR so far, as well as reported radio transmissions...

My answer is "yes".

Bill
Bill de Creeft

Tighar Member #4131

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »

Charlie and others...I do apologize for this small image...when I went to download it from another computer it came up with this. Anyway, its taken off the new image that was updated and is on the second shelf...Check it out...I believe there is something there....

Charlie Chisholm

• T2
« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2013, 06:01:20 PM »

Charlie and others...I do apologize for this small image...when I went to download it from another computer it came up with this. Anyway, its taken off the new image that was updated and is on the second shelf...Check it out...I believe there is something there....

Here's what I see...

It's directly below the anomaly.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:03:10 PM by Charlie Chisholm »

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
« Reply #204 on: June 16, 2013, 06:21:29 PM »

Here's what I see...

It's directly below the anomaly.

You're looking at the uncorrected imagery.  That mosaic is distorted and unreliable.

Charlie Chisholm

• T2
« Reply #205 on: June 16, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »

You're looking at the uncorrected imagery.  That mosaic is distorted and unreliable.

I just used the image he started with. In the new image I can't even really see it, it just looks like many other rockfalls in the area. When I get a minute I'll put the new image up and circle the same area.

Rocks is rocks...

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #206 on: June 16, 2013, 11:32:17 PM »

Ric...this updated anomaly pic came directly from the new update. Charlie is in the right vicinity with the second box shown. Outside of the second box to the left is what appears something 3-dimensional. Inside that second box is something very odd. Anyway, just saw it and wanted to point it out...

Charlie Chisholm

• T2
« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2013, 08:55:54 AM »

Ric...this updated anomaly pic came directly from the new update. Charlie is in the right vicinity with the second box shown. Outside of the second box to the left is what appears something 3-dimensional. Inside that second box is something very odd. Anyway, just saw it and wanted to point it out...

Randy the image you and I used is the "before" pic. It's not reliable.

When you look at the new image, there's not much there.

richie conroy

• T5

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2013, 04:45:15 PM »

http://www.ub88.org/researchprojects/f4ucorsair/f4u-corsair.html

interesting video music is a bit moody though  :)

Member# 416

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org