Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dive 14  (Read 67995 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Dive 14
« on: December 30, 2012, 04:32:28 PM »

Chris Johnson recently suggested that, for comparison's sake, I put up more underwater ROV video footage of the reef slope at a similar depth to the much discussed Wire & Rope and Possible Rope videos.  Dive 14 is 30 minutes of the final ROV dive of the Niku VII expedition Dive 14 on July 19, 2012. The dive straddled the 1,000 foot depth contour as shown in the attached map. If you see something interesting I can give you the approximate Lat/Long.

Tim Mellon

• T5
  • Blast off!
Re: Dive 14
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 12:55:00 AM »

Tally:

Electra engines                      0
  Landing gears                        0               
  Right angles                           0
  Straight edges                        0
  Fish                                        2

A very useful exercise. Thanks, Ric.
Tim
Chairman,  CEO
PanAm Systems

TIGHAR #3372R

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 06:59:58 AM »

Thanks Ric,

As I thought when I made the request this could be another ‘can of worms’.  In the first frame alone I have identified objects from the Electra? Norwich City, Geography and some man made objects (see attachment)

OK that’s not what I believe at all but at first glance without much effort my mind has seen something out of coral that it believes to be man made.

Is this more debris or cloud camels? I'll post you decide

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »

Hi All

I believe if Ric and Co would have seen this object "Compass" and went south they may have found more possible debris

Thanks Richie

Happy New Year Everyone
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 09:41:45 AM »

The object in image of my last post could possible be a pocket watch or something similar.

Member# 416

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 09:48:03 AM »

The object in image of my last post could possible be a pocket watch or something similar.

Or it could be a dead Green Tentacled Sea Anemone.  They appear frequently in the underwater video.

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »

The 2012 Dive 14 video, 2012 possible rope video, and 2010 wire rope video seem to have the same color (yellowish, light brown).The Color of the 2012 Debris Field video seems to be darker and more of a blue color to me. The only manmade object I see in either of the rope videos is what looks like rope.

I see nothing manmade in the dive 14 video. Everything that I thought looked interesting was closed in on by the ROV and looked at well, the ROV thrusters blew over that black object and that irregular tube thing was interesting but likely natural.

I see multiple manmade objects in the 2012 Debris Field video. The objects show up until the end of the video.
Questions:
Did more objects show up on that dive video after the 2012 debris Field Video clip ends?
Is the Nessie object really that close to the reef edge as annotated on the map in the original thread post?
3971R

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 09:59:32 AM »

Did more objects show up on that dive video after the 2012 debris Field Video clip ends?

Not that I saw, but I can put up more of that dive video.  Lord knows what you guys will see.

Is the Nessie object really that close to the reef edge as annotated on the map in the original thread post?

The red X in the attached KAP (Kite Aerial Photography) photo of the reef edge shows exactly - as best we can calculate - where the object was in relation to the reef edge.  The photo was taken in 2007 at nearly low tide.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 10:38:18 AM »

Hi Ric

If you look at the object u can see light reflection at the 7 o,clock position if one were to use a clock face  :)

Thanks Richie

Member# 416

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 11:24:49 AM »

Richie,

your last photo shows inside the dark ring what looks to me like a sea anemone skeleton, a bit like the attached photo (but just one).  Looked familier as i used to find plenty whilst a young boy growing up at home by the sea.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 01:38:54 PM »

Hi Bob

Yer Probably is  ;D

Only thing worth talking about at minute, Aldo i think the Rov goes over possible rope area that we are currently analyzing  ;)

Member# 416

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 01:47:19 PM »

Ric

Did u see many star fish in the Rov footage ?

Member# 416

JNev

• T5
  • It's a GOOD thing to be in the cornfield...
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 01:48:03 PM »

Tally:

Electra engines                      0
  Landing gears                        0               
  Right angles                           0
  Straight edges                        0
  Fish                                        2

A very useful exercise. Thanks, Ric.

I'm with Tim on all points here.

Some of this illustrates very well how easily the mind can 'pick' from the natural environment what one would so earnestly like to see.
- Jeff Neville

Former Member 3074R

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 03:03:38 PM »

Hi All

I see plenty of right angles, left angles, circle shaped objects.

And odd objects like the one in attached image.

Thanks Richie

Member# 416

John Ousterhout

• T4
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 03:24:32 PM »

Isn't the obvious conclusion that Nikumororo sits on an island-sized pile of coral-encrusted Electra parts? ;D

Happy new year to all,
Cheers,
JohnO

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org