Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinese Military Aircraft  (Read 6394 times)

Tangles

• T1
Chinese Military Aircraft
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:35:51 PM »

G'day , I am new to the site and I share the same passion, that is seeing aircraft that are salvageable being bought back to life. I am currently involved in the restoration of an Australian built Wacket Trainer and my own is a Chinese built Nanchang CJ6. These CJ-6"s were built in the thousands and after their use by date(4000 hrs) they were sent to a place to be reduced to parts and put back through the manufacturing process. I have seen what looks like parking lots full of dying airframes awaiting their demise. What I would like to know is , is there anyway of tapping into these places of imminent destruction to salvage components prior to their melt down? There are parts suppliers around for these aircraft, as many are now on the register and being operated by private pilots         ( more than 40 in Australia), any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Roe

• T3
Re: Chinese Military Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 08:47:32 PM »

Hi Tangles -

One of the forum rules is to provide your true identity - unless, of course, Tangles is your true and only name.  LOL

Anyway, I have a friend in New Smyrna Beach, Florida who owns the Chinese Trainer and may be able to help.  You could contact him through:

American Aero Services                                     
333 South St.                                               
New Smyrna Beach, Fl 32168                           
 (386) 423-7700

Bob Lanz

• T4
Re: Chinese Military Aircraft
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »

G'day , I am new to the site and I share the same passion, that is seeing aircraft that are salvageable being bought back to life. I am currently involved in the restoration of an Australian built Wacket Trainer and my own is a Chinese built Nanchang CJ6. These CJ-6"s were built in the thousands and after their use by date(4000 hrs) they were sent to a place to be reduced to parts and put back through the manufacturing process. I have seen what looks like parking lots full of dying airframes awaiting their demise. What I would like to know is , is there anyway of tapping into these places of imminent destruction to salvage components prior to their melt down? There are parts suppliers around for these aircraft, as many are now on the register and being operated by private pilots         ( more than 40 in Australia), any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Tangles, though you are sincerely off topic on this forum, the Forum rules are that you provide your first and last name and not a synonym.  In case moderation has not been vigilant, you might want to provide us with who you are and introduce yourself on the New Members Forum.

http://tighar.org/smf/index.php/topic,379.msg3950.html#msg3950

http://tighar.org/smf/index.php/topic,222.0.html 

Doc
TIGHAR #3906

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org