Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The "Jigsaw Bomber" (FAAM effort to recreate a Fairey Barracuda)  (Read 12761 times)

Don Dollinger

• T3
Re: The "Jigsaw Bomber" (FAAM effort to recreate a Fairey Barracuda)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:35:52 AM »

Really neat stuff.  I am assuming a static example but if they build a flyer it would be even more awesome...

LTM,

Don

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:06:09 AM »

Gotta love the Brits and their enthusiams! I build model kits ... they say they heck with that and try to piece together the real thing. Amazing.
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Don Dollinger

• T3
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 11:06:10 AM »

Where I grew up there is alot of farmland and alot of the farmers make a runway on their land and fly small planes.

Had a friend that bought 3 Piper Cubs (2 crashed) and one that had alot part salvaged off it. Took him 6 months to strip all the usable bits he needed to make one.   I saw the pile of parts that he had accumulated and in my mind was saying "ain't no way thats ever gonna fly again".  Took him 3 years but he finally pieced one together and it must've passed inspection as he flew it for a number of years after that.  Ironically, he sold it and purchased a nearly new plane and died in a crash a few months later.  The investigation ruled that it was due to a mechanical malfunction.  The one he pieced together is still flying to this day.

Guess if your passionate enough about it you can make just about anything happen.

LTM,

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org