Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Research Needed - British talent  (Read 8994 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Research Needed - British talent
« on: April 14, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »

We're exploring the possibility of a British documentary about Earhart and we need to identify big-name British stars who might be interested in hosting such a show.  Anybody know of any "A-list" British personalities who are especially interested in history, mysteries, aviation, Amelia, etc.?

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Research Needed - British talent
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 10:45:34 AM »

We're exploring the possibility of a British documentary about Earhart and we need to identify big-name British stars who might be interested in hosting such a show.  Anybody know of any "A-list" British personalities who are especially interested in history, mysteries, aviation, Amelia, etc.?

Richard Hammond flies helicopters.

If you can't afford him, he might be able to nominate someone else.

Sir David Jason also flies helis and gliders.

Short biographies here.

LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:47:27 AM by Martin X. Moleski, SJ »

Peter B

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 05:08:59 PM »

Ewan McGregor would be a great choice! He has previously narrated a documentary about RAF pilots and navigators. He is an A-list actor and seems like an all around nice guy. I recommend watching his TV-series "The Long Way Around".

Peter

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 07:33:30 AM »

BBC Channel 4 has some very good female new readers/presenters.  Perhaps one of them would be interested.

Also think about Doctor Lucy Worsley, Chief Curator, Historic Royale Palaces  She has hosted many documentaries for BBC 4.

Here's one of her shows:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=dr+lucy+worsley+horse+dancing&&view=detail&mid=7B27D80AEAB53BE7EBB97B27D80AEAB53BE7EBB9&&FORM=VRDGAR

Mark Appel

• T3
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 03:17:59 PM »

Jane Seymour meets the specs. And no close second choice IMHO.
"Credibility is Everything"

Matt Revington

• TIGHAR member
  • member #4155
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 06:35:32 AM »

My suggestion would be Tony Robinson who hosted Time Team and other history/archeology related shows on British TV for years (also acted in the Blackadder series).  Not sure he is A list but would be both entertaining and have credibility.

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 07:39:27 AM »

Oh my, yes!  Forgot about him. 

He's "Sir Tony" now.  He was Knighted in 2013 for his work bringing archeology to the masses in Britain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2503251/Blackadders-Tony-Robinson-gets-knighthood-Prince-William.html

Here's an episode of "Walking Through History".

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tony+robinson+walk+through+history&&view=detail&mid=3064AFA524E78D2C78F73064AFA524E78D2C78F7&&FORM=VRDGAR
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:59:45 AM by Bill Mangus »

Ricker H Jones

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 08:15:35 PM »

Sound like a wonderful opportunity to feature the "Gerald Gallagher" story (and missing trunk). You never know what memories might be reawakened.

Bill Mangus

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 05:41:11 AM »

I agree.  Just what may be needed to close that part of the story.  Perhaps an interview with Gallagher's descendants might be included.

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 06:09:35 AM »

I agree.  Just what may be needed to close that part of the story.  Perhaps an interview with Gallagher's descendants might be included.

No known "descendants."  Gallagher was single when he died.

We were in touch with a "nephew" (distant cousin?) 15 years ago or so.  He surveyed the members of the family that he was in touch with. 

It doesn't mean it isn't worth trying to shake the bushes again ...
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Jennifer Lynn Wilson

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 02:50:11 PM »

Ewan McGregor would be a great choice! He has previously narrated a documentary about RAF pilots and navigators. He is an A-list actor and seems like an all around nice guy. I recommend watching his TV-series "The Long Way Around".

Peter

I second this! He was my choice as well.

Mark Appel

• T3
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 01:21:50 AM »

Jane Seymore.

Woman. Highly accomplished. Rational. Professional. Extremely intelligent. Huge Q Factor. Sensitive to history.

Oh. And she's Jane Seymore.

Nobody else is close.

Did I say that?
"Credibility is Everything"

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org