Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Hail Mary Analysis  (Read 181483 times)

richie conroy

• T5
Re: Hail Mary Analysis
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2015, 01:51:04 AM »

Hi all

Image 634 at 2 o'clock in image there is a y shaped object that appears to be embedded upside down, what ever it's made of 2 pieces don't go to one, sorry can't post image but zoom in at 2 o'clock an ye will see the object.

My apologies if this has been brought up before
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2015, 12:06:45 PM »

In image 394, go to the very right handside, then move 3/4 down, there's an object that looks similar to a stirrup shape with a central piece that is sticking out. I'm not great at the highlighting stuff on pictures.

Last round of photos that I gave a second look.  I've circulated through all the hail mary images, and then repeated with most images rotated 180 degrees to get a fresh perspective.  This is the rest of anything and everything that caught my untrained eye.

First three image attachments:
Image 394/394 cropped/395.  Object or growth that stands out.  Has a small weird groove at the center... or the groove could be reversed and just be a small bump in the center, giving the illusion of the shape around it.  I have noticed in many other images that coral likes to take on semi-circle shapes and sometimes acts fractal-like.  I've notice other donut like objects as well, similar to one of my previous posts.  In 395, the same "object" has a slightly difference shape to it due to the camera angle.  Sometimes I notice an object appears exciting in one image, and completely changes in the next image when the perspective shift shows it's just coral growth.

Last image attachment:
Image 384.  Noticed possible shiny edge and another edge turning 90 deg. off of that, located on a boulder of coral growth.

On a last note, a large percentage of the hail mary images were taken relatively close to the reef floor, making it more likely that a massively large object like an intact Electra (relative to the scale of these images) to be out of frame.

I just see coral, including in 395 where the right hand side of 394 is clearer.

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2015, 12:12:29 PM »

Hi all

Image 634 at 2 o'clock in image there is a y shaped object that appears to be embedded upside down, what ever it's made of 2 pieces don't go to one, sorry can't post image but zoom in at 2 o'clock an ye will see the object.

My apologies if this has been brought up before

Looks like one of those sea urchin spines. 

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2015, 02:08:07 PM »

We did investigate it.  The investigation has not turned up anything that explains the anomaly.  We don't know why.  Further investigation is clearly needed.

I guess I'm just having another one of my dense days. What additional investigation can be brought to bear on the Hail Mary photos that we haven't already used? Because those few photo's all we're going to get for the immediate future, unless someone is sitting on some wonderfully generous news.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CE
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2015, 03:02:17 PM »

We did investigate it.  The investigation has not turned up anything that explains the anomaly.  We don't know why.  Further investigation is clearly needed.

I guess I'm just having another one of my dense days. What additional investigation can be brought to bear on the Hail Mary photos that we haven't already used? Because those few photo's all we're going to get for the immediate future, unless someone is sitting on some wonderfully generous news.

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CE

Further investigation... probably as in clear HD VIDEO using a ROV/manned submersible that precisely covers the GPS coordinates of where the anomaly was measured in 2012.  Video will provide better judgment on the perspective of what we're seeing.  The inherent uncertainty of the hail mary attempt had a high probably of leading to further investigation.

jack dunn

• T1
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2015, 04:20:12 PM »

Greg

It is very clear, all you need to do is expand the picture, it is as I described.
Richie actually got the picture number wrong, he was referring to 394 as well, not 694.
I can see it, he can see it.

In image 394, go to the very right handside, then move 3/4 down, there's an object that looks similar to a stirrup shape with a central piece that is sticking out. I'm not great at the highlighting stuff on pictures.

Last round of photos that I gave a second look.  I've circulated through all the hail mary images, and then repeated with most images rotated 180 degrees to get a fresh perspective.  This is the rest of anything and everything that caught my untrained eye.

First three image attachments:
Image 394/394 cropped/395.  Object or growth that stands out.  Has a small weird groove at the center... or the groove could be reversed and just be a small bump in the center, giving the illusion of the shape around it.  I have noticed in many other images that coral likes to take on semi-circle shapes and sometimes acts fractal-like.  I've notice other donut like objects as well, similar to one of my previous posts.  In 395, the same "object" has a slightly difference shape to it due to the camera angle.  Sometimes I notice an object appears exciting in one image, and completely changes in the next image when the perspective shift shows it's just coral growth.

Last image attachment:
Image 384.  Noticed possible shiny edge and another edge turning 90 deg. off of that, located on a boulder of coral growth.

On a last note, a large percentage of the hail mary images were taken relatively close to the reef floor, making it more likely that a massively large object like an intact Electra (relative to the scale of these images) to be out of frame.

I just see coral, including in 395 where the right hand side of 394 is clearer.

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2015, 05:02:27 PM »

Sorry, don't see what you're describing.  How do you know Richie was referring to 394, when he said 634, and you said he accidentally referred to 694??  I'm confused.  Why wouldn't I have expanded the picture?

Narrow it down for me...Is it in one of the quadrants highlighted below?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:07:47 PM by Greg Ladjimi »

Jerry Germann

• TIGHAR member
  • Go Deep
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »

attachment;

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2015, 05:59:57 PM »

attachment;

I'll go with small fish on this one...  Remember the scale is 2.5" between the two red laser dots.

Jerry Germann

• TIGHAR member
  • Go Deep
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2015, 06:03:32 PM »

I agree,..the closer view really helped.

George Lam

• T2
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2015, 06:45:07 PM »

According to the in-progress image plot of the hail mary GPS map that Ric posted on page 5 of this thread,  if the camera actually passed over, or very near, the anomaly, I'm estimating that images ~570 through ~600 +/- are on the line of the anomaly between the points 38, 39, and 40 on the map.  Something did draw my attention in images 573 through 577.  I have no interest in labeling objects, just pointing out curiosities. 

Here's what I noticed, best seen in image 574 and 577.  I noticed a strange curve, possible shadow lines, and darkness, but that's all.  Could be coral for all I know.  Image 577 is rotated 90 deg. clockwise from image 574.

richie conroy

• T5
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2015, 08:13:36 PM »

Sorry guys for some reason the image is labeled DSC00634 however in the address bar it says DSC00638

Anyway here is the image with line arrow pointing to what ever it is sticking out ground
We are an echo of the past

Member# 416

Brad Mackey

• T1
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2015, 01:39:48 AM »

Does anybody know or have a link to what the push/pull control cable knobs looked like on an Electra?

jack dunn

• T1
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2015, 02:09:52 AM »

Hi Greg

Draw another box of the same size on the left handside of box No.1, the object that Richie and I described can be found in the new box, just zoom in. It is very clear indeed! There is no confusion at all, the object he described can only be found in 394.

Although Richie now states:- 'Sorry guys for some reason the image is labeled DSC00634 however in the address bar it says DSC00638

Anyway here is the image with line arrow pointing to what ever it is sticking out ground'

Sorry, don't see what you're describing.  How do you know Richie was referring to 394, when he said 634, and you said he accidentally referred to 694??  I'm confused.  Why wouldn't I have expanded the picture?

Narrow it down for me...Is it in one of the quadrants highlighted below?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:51:47 AM by jack dunn »

Mark Gillespie

• T1
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2015, 08:14:40 AM »

Looks like a horn caddis, from a fisherman's and zoologist's point of view. But of course it's not :)

It's great that we're doing the micro stuff, and I hope that leads to something, but I get the feeling we're missing the macro...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org