Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Earhart's Flight of Marriage  (Read 5880 times)

Randy Conrad

• TIGHAR member
Earhart's Flight of Marriage
« on: June 10, 2015, 10:41:31 PM »

Although, this post does not play an active role of the upcoming expedition on Nikumaurro...It does tell an interesting story about Amelia and her dedication to flying! I stumbled upon this article this evening as I was glancing through vintage photographs of Amelia and Fred on Google. What I personally did not know is that Amelia never wore a wedding ring on day to day basis after taking George Putnam as her husband. This article tells alot about Amelia's personal decision with marrying G.P. Anyway, on a majority of the photographs taken of Amelia after the marriage...she is seen with no wedding band. Anyway, I personally enjoyed this article and it makes me wonder what other things in life did Amelia step aside too? As you read this, I hope you take something from this. Maybe some of you are searching for that great unknown or that last hoorah before settling in on the ole rocking chair. As many of you like myself, are praying that we do find remnants of the plane and that Richie Conroy's anomaly does live up to its expectations. Our greatest prayer is that many of us will "find" something on this voyage and have something to take home and keep close to our hearts. For over 78 years, America and the world have been fascinated with the life and saga of Amelia Earhart. It's truly remarkable how people have been fascinated with her life for so long. Was it her poise and grace, or her feminine role in society, or mainly that "American Spirit"
that has kept a nation waiting. Anyway, we all pray that Ric will finally have unsolved clues answered, and we as a team of Tighar's can finally say "Rest in Peace Amelia!" Enjoy the read folks!!! Good Luck to Ric and team!!!!

http://www.connecticutmag.com/Blog/History/January-2015/Amelia-Earharts-Secret-Connecticut-Wedding/

Stacy Galloway

• T2
Re: Earhart's Flight of Marriage
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 07:07:57 PM »

This is fascinating :) Thanks for posting it. And, yes, good luck to all on the Niku VIII expedition!
TIGHAR #4284R

Krystal McGinty-Carter

• TIGHAR member
  • Kilo Mike
Re: Earhart's Flight of Marriage
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 07:53:51 PM »

EXCELLENT read! She had the same outlook on marriage all those years ago that many women (myself included) have today. Thanks for sharing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org