Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Press Conference March 12  (Read 9646 times)

Ric Gillespie

• Executive Director
  • Administrator
  • "Do not try. Do or do not. There is no try" Yoda
Press Conference March 12
« on: February 21, 2014, 08:05:46 AM »

You're all invited to attend a press conference we're having at the National Press Club in Washington, DC from noon until 3pm on Wednesday, March 12.  I'll be reporting on the latest research (especially 2-2-V-1); explaining the plan for Niku VIII; and introducing the expedition team.  We're bringing HURL chief sub pilot Terry Kerby and underwater archaeologist Kelly Gleason over from Honolulu for the event. We'll also introduce the four TIGHAR members who will dive with the subs and conduct onshore search ops.  Of course, the primary purpose of the press conference is to draw attention to our work and make our need for sponsorship as widely known as possible.  We have reserved four berths on the expedition for Sponsor Team Members who are willing to make significant donations toward the cost of the expedition for the privilege of going where no one has gone before and, very possibly, being present at a great moment in historical investigation.
We'll hold the press conference in the Holeman Lounge. It's a big room and we want to fill it.  How many media reps we get will depend almost entirely on what else is going on that day.  If it's a slow news day we'll get a good crowd.  If there's a big late-breaking hard news story the press turn-out will be thin.  In any case, we'd like as many of our friends there as can make it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:16:58 AM by Bruce Thomas »

Monty Fowler

• T5
  • "The real answer is always the right answer."
Re: Press Conference March 12
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 12:09:55 PM »

Too bad Secretary of State Clinton retired ... wonder if Secretary of State Kerry could take a break from his peacemaking jaunts to led us his support?

Just kidding. Sort of. On second thought ...

LTM,
Monty Fowler, TIGHAR No. 2189 CER
Ex-TIGHAR member No. 2189 E C R SP, 1998-2016

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:29:34 PM »

How did the press conference go?
Did anyone on the forum get a chance to attend it?
3971R

Andrew M McKenna

• Administrator
  • Here I am during the Maid of Harlech Survey.

Patrick Dickson

• TIGHAR member
  • TIGHAR Member #3168A
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 04:38:33 AM »

this sums it all up quite nicely regarding TIGHAR; " The organization's persever­ance and scientific rigor in the face of controversy and adversity have become legendary."
I'm proud to be a member.

John Wallace

• T1
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 08:18:21 PM »

Found cspan recording of the whole 3/12/14 Tighar press conference at the National Press Club which I thought might be of interest:
http://www.c-span.org/video/?318259-1/amelia-earhart-expedition

Did not seem to find this link elsewhere so thought I might pass it along.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org