George Palmer Putnam
- 7 September 1887 – 4 January 1950.
- Master promoter, publicist, adventurer.
- Nickname: GP.
- Married Earhart February 7, 1931. "Earhart referred to her marriage as a 'partnership' with 'dual control.' In a letter written to Putnam and hand delivered to him on the day of the wedding, she wrote, 'I want you to understand I shall not hold you to any midaevil ([sic]) code of faithfulness to me nor shall I consider myself bound to you similarly.'"
- An Avalanche of Psychics--Putnam was deluged with reports from various spiritualists or mediums who claimed to have made contact with Earhart.
- The courts agreed to his petition to have Earhart declared dead on 5 January 1939. The date of the fatal flight was 2 July 1937.
- George Palmer Putnam Collection of Amelia Earhart Papers.