Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ?fundraiser  (Read 6811 times)

Kristina Sackett RN

• T1
?fundraiser
« on: October 27, 2012, 03:18:33 PM »

How many of us keep a change jar?  I do, and mine usually makes around 30-40$ a month. Between now and next December if even 10 of us took our change jars and cashed them in and donated the money to Tighar, That would be a chunk of change. Maybe $4000 if only 10 of us did it, Think how much more if more people got involved. Something to think about.  ;)

Monte Chalmers

• T2
Re: ?fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 01:22:09 AM »

I see the point you're making.  And it’s a good thought.  But, wow - you're  collected change is 30 - 40 a month!  For me, that would be pretty heavy into cash-use.  I'm a plastic user myself - I don't even write a check to pay the plastic.  (In fact, I'm secretly a little annoyed when people in front of me in a store take so much time to write out a check.) Of coarse I carry a little cash for emergencies and to pay for something small.  Thinking about my life before plastic - that goes back a ways. My first experience with a credit card was those limited-use gasoline  cards that had the embossed information that created carbon copies that you had to sign.   That time would be around 1960.  Anyway, I had a plastic change container that I squeezed to open it.  The procedure was to try to take out to pay what was put in the last time.  I know, you’ll say  that’s  sort of the same as taking time to write a check - better to just get out another bill ( or note, depending where you live).   ;D
Monte TIGHAR #3597

Kristina Sackett RN

• T1
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 11:15:56 AM »

Oh I use plastic, but keep  a 20 around, my husband takes  a few dollars to work with him, so there is always change. We give the kids money to go here and there and ask for change back....it adds up.
Kristina

Greg Daspit

• TIGHAR member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »

Clicking on this fundraiser by Maylee and Katy link creates a smile in one second flat. :)

3971R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org