Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Earhart Project on Facebook  (Read 8333 times)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Earhart Project on Facebook
« on: January 05, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »

There is a new way to keep up with TIGHAR.

Visit the Earhart Project on Facebook.

I've been holding out against the Facebook virus for years.

But ... anything for Amelia. 
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Chris Johnson

• T5
  • Trying to give a fig but would settle for $100,000
Re: Earhart Project on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 02:09:55 AM »

Have joined but wondered if it was ok to duplicate the discussions on the facebook site for those who are not comfortable with 'social networking'?

Also have you considered Twitter as regular tweets might find an alternative market?

Martin X. Moleski, SJ

• Administrator
Re: Earhart Project on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 09:46:54 AM »

Have joined but wondered if it was ok to duplicate the discussions on the facebook site for those who are not comfortable with 'social networking'?
Beats me.  I guess it is an experiment in outreach.  Some folks may be more comfortable with Facebook, others with other kinds of interaction.  I don't see too much harm in trying.

We may also be able to get an RSS feed from Facebook to tighar.org; I don't know much about that.  That may help with the duplication problem.

Also have you considered Twitter as regular tweets might find an alternative market?
I haven't.  I only joined Facebook for the sake of the Earhart Project.  I see it has some Twitter-like elements.  And there may be some way of linking Facebook to Twitter ...

Marty
LTM,

Marty
           TIGHAR #2359A

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Copyright 2024 by TIGHAR, a non-profit foundation. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be reproduced by xerographic, photographic, digital or any other means for any purpose. No portion of the TIGHAR Website may be stored in a retrieval system, copied, transmitted or transferred in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, digital, photographic, magnetic or otherwise, for any purpose without the express, written permission of TIGHAR. All rights reserved.

Contact us at: info@tighar.org • Phone: 610-467-1937 • Membership formwebmaster@tighar.org